"sandy's new Zurich Page" Zürich by sandysmith

Zürich Travel Guide: 1,898 reviews and 5,735 photos

Although not the capital of Switzerland, that honour belongs to Bern, Zurich is the largest city and probably one of the livliest and most cosmopolitan in the country. Picturesquely spanning the Limmat and Sihl Rivers at the north western end of Lake Zurich, its beautiful parks, churches and historic building, fountains and squares of the old town belie the fact that this is also the industrial and economic heart of Switzerland.

We left Lagos at midnight and landed in Zurich at 6am. Didn't think I was going to make the city as I'd felt rather sick on the plane at 4am - perhaphs it was the cabin pressure and eating at silly times of the day, cos by the time we landed I felt much better. I was glad it was only 10 minute train ride from the airport to city centre. Although cold the sun was shinning and it was a refreshing change from the heat and humidity we left behind in Lagos.

• Last visit to Zürich: Mar 2002
  • Intro Updated May 2, 2003

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Sep 23, 2006 at 3:15 PM

Hmm, yummy Swiss chocolate ... :-)

• barbskie's Profile Photo
    Aug 21, 2005 at 11:11 AM

right at the corner is my fav restaurant to have some drinks esp in summer.....good tips Sandy .....today is not the best time :-(.....hoping for a better forecast.

• Sep 17, 2004 at 4:10 PM

good tip on the Uetliberg!!!

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Aug 5, 2004 at 8:58 AM

Haha, I had very good time there. Augustinergrasse looked lovely, shopping was window shopping, eating was fast (food) but anyway I enjoyed Zurich...

• Henkster's Profile Photo
    May 2, 2003 at 10:57 AM

Amazing photos of a great city!

• May 2, 2003 at 10:45 AM

Before going to Zurich, I thought that it was just the place you need to stop over if you fly with Swissair-Crossair. That was all. When I finally got to visit-visit it, I knew that I had been totally unfair. If you ask me, it's a real jewel. Great page!

• bugalugs's Profile Photo
    Feb 9, 2003 at 11:03 AM

Like you said Sandy, Augustinergrasse is lovely, but I for one never had any chocolate in Zurich!!! :-)

• Burtty's Profile Photo
    Sep 5, 2002 at 7:46 PM

Nice introduction to this city.

• Pakistaniguy's Profile Photo
    Jul 13, 2002 at 4:13 AM

I agree wiht you points!!!

• eurotravels's Profile Photo
    Jun 15, 2002 at 3:43 AM

Visiting soon, will try to chocolate factory

sandysmith

“THank you for the birthday wishes!”

Badges & Stats in Zürich