"Birkirkara" Birkirkara by sandysmith

Birkirkara Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 20 photos

We were looking for the village of Attard when we hopped off the bus at Balzan - a closeby village, one of the so called 3 villages in the central are of Malta. We saw a church dome and headed towards it and soon found ourselves in Birkirkara!...and a what a nice surprise the place was to :-) A typical untouristic Maltese town with characteristic architecture and narrow alleyways in the old town area.

• In a nutshell:a pleasant unexpected discovery
  • Last visit to Birkirkara: Jan 2005
  • Intro Updated Feb 8, 2005

• Nemorino's Profile Photo
    Dec 5, 2009 at 9:52 AM

I'm so glad to see from your tips that this is such a beautiful town! My older son just sent an e-mail saying he and his wife have signed a contract to rent a house in the historic centre of Birkirkara, about 10 minutes from his new office in Tax Biex.

• lomi's Profile Photo
    Mar 20, 2005 at 10:48 PM

Yes, the balconies are beautiful and the doorways too! I have many pics of them to share

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2005 at 12:36 PM

I love those balconies! Wonderful clear photos Sandy! Sometimes those unexpected discoveries are the best places to visit :-))

• Helga67's Profile Photo
    Feb 24, 2005 at 11:54 AM

I love those balconies, so typical for Malta. Hope to see it myself some day.

• Xemx's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2005 at 11:38 AM

Interesting page, Sandy. I didn't know about that chapel! B'kara is one of our 'neighbours' and where my dog comes from, lol. Thanks. Anne

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Feb 16, 2005 at 5:34 PM

Great pictures of typical Maltanese balconies and one of so numerous monumental churches.

• tpal's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2005 at 5:54 AM

Truly a jewel! I think some of the best experiences or those which you expect the least. Just beautiful...Tom

• dr.firas's Profile Photo
    Feb 9, 2005 at 3:17 AM

Splendid Balconies! Wonderful page, pictures and tips and impressions!

• steventilly's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2005 at 8:04 AM

This whole page should be "off the beaten path". Not may tourists make it to Birkirkara.

sandysmith

“THank you for the birthday wishes!”

Badges & Stats in Birkirkara

Have you been to Birkirkara?

Latest Activity in Birkirkara