"Jeep Safari around Gozo" Top 5 Page for this destination Gozo by sandysmith

Gozo Travel Guide: 494 reviews and 1,357 photos

scenic sights of Gozo

With just one week in Malta we could only afford to allocate one day in Gozo - fortunately for us it was the most sunniest day of the week to enjoy the many scenic delights of Malta's little neighbour.

We decided to have a jeep safari tour of Gozo - a bit more expensive than a bus tour but the off roading allowed us to see more remote areas of this little island.
Contary to this picture a driver was included for the tour...

Enlarge the map and you will see marked on the map the areas that we managed to visit in this brilliant day trip - a real highlight of our trip to the Maltese islands. There are some very scenic spots on this small island. A day trip hardly does it justice but the jeeeps afari enable us to have a real flavour of this laid back place where time almost stands still - especially in winter!

• Pros:scenic highlights of Gozo
  • Cons:bumpy in a jeep!
  • In a nutshell:Gozo in a nutshell
  • Last visit to Gozo: Jan 2005
  • Intro Updated Feb 12, 2005

• BE001903's Profile Photo
    Aug 11, 2010 at 3:34 AM

Do you remember which company you used for the jeep tour on Gozo?

• thelittlevoice's Profile Photo
    Dec 1, 2007 at 3:13 AM

Great tips. I'll unfortunately have only one day there as well so I'll definitely take this Jeep Tours. How long did the tour last though?

• ray_d's Profile Photo
    Sep 14, 2007 at 8:37 PM

Pity you had so little time. I am glad you managed Calypso's cave.

• May 8, 2006 at 12:22 PM

oooh great Gozo photos! we went on that boat trip through the rocks to the Azure window - its was one of the highlights of my holiday - id definetly recommend it as a must-do to anyone!! :-)

• Dick33's Profile Photo
    Apr 19, 2006 at 6:37 AM

If you go into the Rotunda church you can pay to go up to the dome and walk right around it for about 75c. Ian

• tessy's Profile Photo
    Apr 9, 2006 at 5:49 AM

Oh... Gozo!!! One of my favourite places. So peaceful!! We were several times at Xlendi and enjoyed as well the wonderful Ramla bay! Beautiful page!

• Helga67's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2005 at 2:00 PM

Thanks for taking me on your virtual jeep tour. It's an excellent way to see this much of Gozo in such a short time.

• Sarita76's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2005 at 6:41 AM

This is a beautiful place :) Thanks for showing them here, Sandy! Ciao, Sara

• dr.firas's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2005 at 6:33 AM

The Miracle church is a real Miracle!

• Xemx's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2005 at 11:53 AM

Great job Sandy! I'm glad you got to see so much of Gozo. I love your intro pic of the Salt Pans. Anne

sandysmith

“THank you for the birthday wishes!”

Badges & Stats in Gozo