"Fortified Valletta - Malta's Capital" Top 5 Page for this destination Valletta by sandysmith

Valletta Travel Guide: 712 reviews and 1,811 photos

I should have fortified my visit to Valletta by re-reading some VT pages again...I came on a Sunday when many sights are closed :-S Fortunately being in nearby Sliema we managed to dip into the city again for other visits before getting a bus elsewhere on the island of Malta during our weeks stay January 2005.

Many viewpoints to enjoy around the city but be prepared for a lot of walking and a lot of steps!

Typical Vallletta stepped street

• Pros:lots to see and do
  • Cons:very quiet on a Sunday, almost eerie
  • In a nutshell:need to visit on different days
  • Last visit to Valletta: Jan 2005
  • Intro Updated Feb 20, 2005

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2010 at 10:19 AM

Sandy, fantastic page about Valetta here, but where can I find the accomodation tip about the G House? I especially like your transportation tip. I am already looking forward to use these Bedford buses myself.

• Dick33's Profile Photo
    Apr 19, 2006 at 6:14 AM

I think I went to cafe ranieri the calzone pizza smelt like something had died. I am going back to Malta in June so I will avoid it. Ian

• SpagBoll's Profile Photo
    May 2, 2005 at 1:45 AM

Great pages, you have some great pix and really do the place justice. Just off to check out your rabat page

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Mar 12, 2005 at 2:44 AM

Wonderful page, travelogues and pictures. Great accommodation tip! My great memories are just refreshed... Thank you.

• dr.firas's Profile Photo
    Mar 2, 2005 at 3:46 AM

I just love everything in this page, Gardens, Cathedral, Roads, it is wonderful, Thanks Sandy, i think nothing I'd love more than going to Malta ;-D

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Feb 14, 2005 at 1:33 PM

St Ursula Street is my preferred one. I have shot a pic of it. I hope it will turn out well. Ciao!

• rebibi's Profile Photo
    Feb 14, 2005 at 1:26 PM

Very nice and detailed page, Sandy. Loved especially the detail of the Italien Auberge.

• B_Caro's Profile Photo
    Feb 13, 2005 at 1:24 AM

some nice tips, I´ll keep them in mind when i go to Malta

• Rojo72's Profile Photo
    Feb 12, 2005 at 3:26 PM

I really loved the pics from the cathedral! Seems like you enjoyed it immensly too. Maybe I should go to Malta some day...

sandysmith

“THank you for the birthday wishes!”

Badges & Stats in Valletta

Have you been to Valletta?

Latest Activity in Valletta