"Looking Back on Lindos" Top 5 Page for this destination Lindos by sandysmith

Lindos Travel Guide: 155 reviews and 314 photos

Just 55km from Rhodes is Lindos one of the most picturesque white villages I've seen in Greece (so far!). Probably one of the most popular too judging by the number who come here, by boat and by bus each day - even so its definitely a place worth seeing and lingering in to enjoy.

Explore the maze of white-washed houses, whilst dodging the donkeys.. and take a trip up to the ancient acropolis - preferably when its a bit cooler.

...and take time to enjoy the beaches too.

• Pros:delightful town with great beaches and acropolis
  • Cons:over touristic
  • In a nutshell:still a must see on Rhodes
  • Last visit to Lindos: May 2005
  • Intro Updated Jun 23, 2005

• mariaschmidt's Profile Photo
    Sep 16, 2008 at 3:31 AM

Here I follow your steps again - in spring I went to Venice and now to Rhodes - beautiful pictures :-) cheers, Mary

• mariegriffiths's Profile Photo
    Jun 17, 2008 at 4:24 PM

This restaurant was reccommend by someone who lives here. The food is excellent and the prices not more expensive than in town. The place has real history with it's ornate carving. Friendly waiters and very clean toilets add to the appeal.

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2006 at 9:47 AM

Fine! I'd like to go there soon. Ciao!

• Tonynew's Profile Photo
    Jun 27, 2006 at 10:36 AM

Hi SS we are going to Rhodes in september staying in Pefkos,just been looking at your pages on Lindos really enjoyed them and cant wait to go thanks again Tony

• Daja123's Profile Photo
    Oct 9, 2005 at 1:34 PM

Absolutely delightful Lindos page! Wonderful photos too. Thanks Sandy so much for your visit to my Rodos page.

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2005 at 12:16 PM

Beautiful page Sandy and beautiful photos! I love those decorative details! It might be a bit over touristic, but it still looks wonderful to me!! I would love to go here! :-)

• Jun 23, 2005 at 1:57 PM

Hiya Sandy! Lovely Lindos page! I had a fabulous holiday on Rhodes a couple of years ago and now I think I want to return! Thanks, Maria :))

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    May 30, 2005 at 4:35 AM

Looks pretty straight to me. I wonder what he's doing with Picasa to your new passport photos. ;=>

• steventilly's Profile Photo
    May 29, 2005 at 11:56 AM

Didn't you learn how to straighten horizons with Picasa?

sandysmith

“THank you for the birthday wishes!”

Badges & Stats in Lindos