"Rhodes - Island of Sun" Top 5 Page for this destination Rhodes (Island) by sandysmith

Rhodes (Island) Travel Guide: 939 reviews and 2,488 photos

Rhodes was a perfect holiday destination for us with its mix of beaches, history, ancient sites and of course perfect blue skies and sunshine. The main resorts of Rhodes Town and Lindos are covered in much more detail on their own pages, but there is so much more to explore on this sunniest of Greek islands island too - like the quiet resort of Haraki and the ancient site of Kamiros.

with just two weeks here - well not really that as we spent 3 days on Symi and a day in Kos - there is still much more to see but its a place to be enjoyed and not rushed, chances are we will return sometime, sooner rather than later and explore some of the more off the beaten path villages too.

.... well in Oct 2006 we did return for a week. Based in Lardos we had a hire car for a few days and ths had chance to explore the south part of Rhodes and also the interior with its quiet villages - mostly posted here in the off the beaten path section. See also my Lardos page for specific info on that part of Rhodes.

• Cons:an island of variety of landscapes
  • In a nutshell:great mix of city, villages and quiet beaches
  • Last visit to Rhodes (Island): May 2005
  • Intro Updated Jan 20, 2007

• highlandlaura's Profile Photo
    Oct 20, 2010 at 3:47 PM

I must say, Rhodes was my favorite place in my trip to the Greek Islands! I wanna return!!

• tmgukcatfan's Profile Photo
    Jul 5, 2010 at 8:32 AM

Thanks for your detailed descriptions of places visited on Rhodes. I am going in early September and hope to find some out of the way places. Your suggestions are terrific.

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Jan 1, 2009 at 3:41 AM

What an interesting page, Sandy, it is a pity that all I had seen myself was a bit of the old town, when I came by cruiseship.

• Fam.Rauca's Profile Photo
    Apr 12, 2008 at 7:07 AM

This is a very interesting page of the island. The remains of the ancient history, the mountains and the sea, the sunshine and the wonderful beaches, have fascinated us. Your page is a masterwork that shows the beauty of this island. Gabriela

• Andraf's Profile Photo
    Jul 17, 2007 at 2:40 AM

Nice page with plenty of good tips, I've saved many of them for my trip planner. I might be headed for Rhodes in August and looking forward to it.

• Jul 8, 2007 at 9:41 AM

I was really surprised to see the waves in these pics of Agathi Beach. I have often visited this beach and have commented on the lack of waves and how safe it is for the children. Judging by the colour of the clouds though, it does look quite a stormy day

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Nov 20, 2006 at 3:41 PM

Nice castle-logue, Sandy. Having fun, eh? D caught your collage work as I pondered the tripod usage. ;)

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Nov 15, 2006 at 3:15 AM

Oh for a bit of Greek warmth and sunshine. Haraki is somewhere I have often contemplated for a holiday. Maybe too many sunbeds??

• mazzap's Profile Photo
    Nov 6, 2006 at 3:49 PM

Gorgeous pics Sandy & excellent tips on an island I have on my 'need to visit' list! I love your 'pictures in a picture' effect, Marion x.

• hojasdehierba's Profile Photo
    Nov 2, 2006 at 6:44 PM

Very nice page. I love your pics of Maestre Castle and Knights street. thanks for sharing it all with us.

sandysmith

“THank you for the birthday wishes!”

Badges & Stats in Rhodes (Island)

Have you been to Rhodes (Island)?

Latest Activity in Rhodes (Island)