Kos Favorite Tips by sandysmith Top 5 Page for this destination
Kos Favorites: 35 reviews and 41 photos
Favorite thing: Our visit to the dodecanese in May was greeted with a riot of colour - I wondered if it would be as green and as colourful later in the year or indeed at the end of the season. Anyway we were glad to see such a colourful bloom as this.
just a few felines
Favorite thing: Cat lovers will be delighted to sze cats everywhere - they looked to be a bit more healthier than those we saw on Rhodes or Symi. Thes greek islands all seem to have cat rescue charities and regularly go around feeding them - judging by the pregnant ones we saw there doesn't appear to be much of a neutering programme around! More kitties in the travelogue below!
Fondest memory: So many architectural delights can be seen in Kos - great for those close up shots. Working in a hospital I was interested to see that even the local hospital is an interestingly designed building!
Favorite thing: Just off the square near the museum is the covered market - we walked through its arcades and the smells of the herbs and spices filled our nostrils and the sight of the colourful fruit was very apealing.
Kos police station
Favorite thing: The huge white building of the tourist police office and town hall is just on the corner of the road as you enter Kos from around the castle walls. A really grand building and is readily visible as you approach Kos from the sea - as in intro pic. It was built in Venetian style by the italians during the occupation.
Favorite thing: Evidence of the Turkisk heritage is not hard to spot in Kos - like this example of windows in the old turkisk bath house.
Favorite thing: I just love looking at the architectural details of buildings and Kos does not disappoint in this respect! This is just a portion of the tourist police station.
avenue of palms
Favorite thing: We only enjoyed a day trip here and even that was not quite enough for the town sights, I guess this is yet another place we could return to and explore more of the town and also the surrounding villages and beaches of the whole island. The whole mix of town and harbour with archaelogical sights on its doorstep is just my kind of place.
shady square in Kos
Favorite thing: There are several delightful squares where you can rest up and have a drink in one of the many cafes under the shade of the trees - the colour of some of the foliage was really colourful.
Favorite thing: This is the tourist office in Kos- situated near the Agora in town and close to where the blue tourist train has its terminus. They have town maps and useful information readily availbale on stands in several languages just inside the door, so just pick one up when you get here (unless a VT friend has already done this for you ;-0 )and then decide what to see and where to find it.
More Reviews (37)
sandysmith's Related Pages
Kos Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Kos Town"
- "Kos Town"
- "Kos, Capital of Kos Island"
- "A BEAUTIFUL GREEK ISLAND"
- "Kos, Greece"
- "I can see Turkey from here"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kos
- Hotels in Kos
- Transportation in Kos
- Nightlife in Kos
- Restaurants in Kos
- Shopping in Kos
- Warnings and Dangers in Kos
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kos
- 47 Reviews
- 82 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 15 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (114)
Have you been to Kos?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kos
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 110 reviews, 259 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 130 reviews, 166 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Liverpool Intro, 112 reviews, 168 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verona Intro, 101 reviews, 158 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 114 reviews, 133 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rodos (City) Intro, 94 reviews, 148 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santorini Island Intro, 43 reviews, 198 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zermatt Intro, 74 reviews, 117 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dubrovnik Intro, 40 reviews, 148 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sousse Intro, 37 reviews, 149 photos, 1 travelogue