"Kos Town" Top 5 Page for this destination Kos by sandysmith

Kos Travel Guide: 329 reviews and 761 photos

A visit to Kos came as a welcome, unplanned, surprise on our visit to the Dodecanese Islands in May 2005. We were based on Rhodes and took advantage of a day trip here instead on some of the smaller islands which didn't fit in with our schedule.
My impressions were of a greener city than Rhodes and much more of a turkisk feel to it - no surprise really as the Turkisk coastline is only a few miles away and is clearly visible. There was much to see with the many archaelogical ruins and the castle of the Knights of St John right in the centre and the harbour front to enjoy. About 5 hours for our day trip here - long enough for a first visit but I'm sure there is much we didn't see too. It sounds like the rest of the island is well worth exploring too.

A visit to the castle in the centre of town is a must if only for the views from the walls.

Other ancient ruins abound around the town.

• In a nutshell:well worth a day or two here and longer for the island itself
  • Last visit to Kos: May 2005
  • Intro Updated May 30, 2005

• SWFC_Fan's Profile Photo
    Jun 14, 2008 at 1:55 AM

Great Kos tips, Sandy! Wow - you managed to see lots in a single day - just imagine how much you'll be able to see this time around! Hope your island hopping plans are coming along well! :-)

• nelinka's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2007 at 1:58 AM

Thank you sandysmith for this page, I'm going to work as a guide there this summer, and I'm very happy to find this info. Best wishes from Slovakia.

• VeronicaG's Profile Photo
    Mar 14, 2006 at 2:56 PM

Kos has some wonderful antiquities! I would love to wander around this lovely island...

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Feb 11, 2006 at 2:45 AM

Beautiful beautiful page Sandy! You make me dream away and make me be on this wonderful Greek island for a little while. Thanks :-)))

• mart8777's Profile Photo
    Dec 28, 2005 at 1:54 PM

That was a busy day trip to Kos. Nice work.

• Helga67's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2005 at 2:42 AM

I had another look at your page as we have just booked a trip to this island :-)

• Nalle_Bear's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2005 at 5:59 AM

Maybe I am going here with my folks next year! :-)

• kiwi's Profile Photo
    Jul 7, 2005 at 3:11 AM

Just getting back to this page. I'd like to go here one day. You had a lovely blue sky day, super fotos!! HOrrid news from London, I'm watching live!! Pamxx

• steventilly's Profile Photo
    Jun 27, 2005 at 5:38 AM

Did you?

• Azhut's Profile Photo
    Jun 22, 2005 at 11:02 AM

Wonderful dish! I love greek cuisine :-)

sandysmith

“THank you for the birthday wishes!”

Badges & Stats in Kos