Santorini Island Hotel Tips by sandysmith Top 5 Page for this destination
Santorini Island Hotels: 848 reviews and 353 photos
The Boathouse is a family run waterfront Hotel on Kamari Beach (not to be confused with the Boathouse Taverna just 2 doors away!) We enjoyed 3 nights here in one of their deluxe rooms with air - conditioning, telephone, safe-box, bathroom - bath with shower over- and balcony with seaview; we were on the ground floor so actually it was a pool view. Pool towels are provided so no need to bring your own and the beach is literally steps away too. Breakfast is included - a good buffet with bacon and eggs as well as cheese and meats, cereals, fresh fruit salad - served by the pool or as we were on the ground floor could have on our own balcony.
The hotel is at the quieter end of Kamari about - just a 5-minute walk from its centre and about a 15-minute bus ride from the main town of Thira. Room rate being low season was just 58 euros per night per room - we booked via venere.com and got a slight discount from room rate quoted on main hotel web site.
Unique Qualities: We really enjoyed the location - not had a hotel so close to the beach before and restaurants - so many to choose from even closer. Guest have 10% discount in the Almira restaurant a few steps away. As always the best meal we had was on the last night - the SeaSide restaurant, located just next door! Staff were friendly and soon helped us out with our request for car hire for a day and taxi transfer to the airport - Kamari is not far from the airport and the planes did come in fairly though low but there are not that many flights during the day and fewer at night so noise did not really bother us.
Although Fira is just a short ride away we enjoyed our stay on both sides of the island - it was such a contrast with Kamari being more laid back.
Comparison: about average
Directions: waterfront of Kamari - further end from rock end
A 4 night stay in this small hotel - recommended on VT previously. Comfortable hotel, friendly staff - Artemis will pick you up from the airport or port, depending on your point of arrival, included in the room rate - we were also given welcome drinks on arrival too - a little but appreciated service. The pool area was quiet during our visit, which we didn't mind at all, at times we had the place to ourselves. Loungers and umbrellas were available. A pool bar was also present but not in operation during our stay (we didn't need it anyway) which was early in the season.
We booked on-line with greekislands.com. Room rate with breakfast (toast, meats/cheese/jam/honey coffee and fresh orange juice0 was just 45 euros per room per night.
Unique Qualities: A rural location amidst vines and fruit trees in the village of Katerados yet only a 10 minute walk into Fira the capital. Rooms are of a good size as was the bathroom. Air conditioning and a fridge are really useful in season. Our good sized balcony overlooked the fields to Fira and Firostefani in one direction and the sea towards Kamari in the other.
Good not only for those on a budget but for its quiet location yet so near to Fira. I would certainly stay here again.
Comparison: less expensive than average
More Reviews (41)
sandysmith's Related Pages
Santorini Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Awarded FIRST Most Beautiful Island for 2011!"
- "SMALL ISLAND - BIG WOW !!!!"
- "Cycladean Splendour"
- "Sunshine and Sunset in Santorini"
- "The spirit of Love!"
- "Santorini – A photographer’s dream"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Santorini Island
- Hotels in Santorini Island
- Transportation in Santorini Island
- Nightlife in Santorini Island
- Restaurants in Santorini Island
- Shopping in Santorini Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Santorini Island
- See All...
Explore the World
- Hi-Quebec, Auberge Internationale de Quebec
- Turtle Creek Casino & Hotel
- Warwick Arms Hotel
- The Hacienda Temozon
- Riad la Croix Berbere
- Luoyang Ming Yuan Youth Hostel
- Holiday Inn Nurnberg City Centre
- Domus Aurea Hotel
- Hunting Inn
- Holiday Inn Aachen
- Hotel Plaza Mayor
- Hotel Zum Rebstock
- D.H. Day Campground
- Hotel Smara
Badges & Stats in Santorini Island
- 43 Reviews
- 198 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (113)
Have you been to Santorini Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Santorini Island
Read real reviews about Santorini Island Hotels!
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 110 reviews, 259 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 130 reviews, 166 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Liverpool Intro, 112 reviews, 168 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verona Intro, 101 reviews, 158 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 114 reviews, 133 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rodos (City) Intro, 94 reviews, 148 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santorini Island Intro, 43 reviews, 198 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zermatt Intro, 74 reviews, 117 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dubrovnik Intro, 40 reviews, 148 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sousse Intro, 37 reviews, 149 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (103)
Latest Santorini Island hotel reviews
- Astro Hotel
- 44 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 16, 2013
- 158 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 13, 2013
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 16, 2008
- Iliovasilema Hotel Apartments
- 175 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 28, 2013
- Sun Rocks Traditional Residences Santorini
- 170 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 10, 2013
- Finikia Place Hotel
- 82 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 20, 2012
- Markakis Studios Fira
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 4, 2013
- Acqua Vatos Hotel
- 361 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 15, 2013
- Villa Manos
- 173 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 14, 2013
- Laokosti A Resort Bookings Member
- 57 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 15, 2012
- Thireas Hotel
- 33 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 11, 2013
- The Boathouse Hotel
- 218 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 31, 2013
- Marillia Village Apartments & Suites
- 147 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jan 5, 2013
- Drossos Hotel
- 40 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 23, 2013
- Despina Villa (Santorini)
- 2 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Aug 9, 2009
- Fira, Imerovigli and Firostefani- 125 Reviews, 325 Photos
- Oia Village- 104 Reviews, 218 Photos
- Kamari and Perissa- 58 Reviews, 124 Photos
- Volcano- 51 Reviews, 116 Photos
- Akrotiri and the Red Beach- 26 Reviews, 64 Photos
- Mule Path- 15 Reviews, 40 Photos
- Car, Bike and Scooter Hire- 9 Reviews, 16 Photos
- Pyrgos village- 22 Reviews, 73 Photos
- Wine tasting- 21 Reviews, 36 Photos
- Ancient Thira- 9 Reviews, 36 Photos
See All Santorini Island Things to Do