"Sunshine and Sunset in Santorini" Top 5 Page for this destination Santorini Island by sandysmith
Santorini Island Travel Guide: 1,596 reviews and 5,255 photos
We were fortunate to enjoy a hot week in May in Santorini - sending 4 nights in the village of Karterados, on the outskirts of Fira for the wonderful caldera views and 3 nights on the beach resort of Kamari. For such a small island the contrast was amazing and we were so happy to split our time here in this way - almost 2 holidays in one.
The temperature increased as the week progressed so more lazy time by the pool was spent although with a car for the day we managed to see a fair bit of the island.
TUES. arrival in Karterados to explore local area, chill out by the pool before first explore in Fira in the early evening.
WED. we made the walk from Karetados all the way to Oia - some 5 hours with stops and such amazing views.
THURS. after all the walking we decided to do the volcano boat trip, skipped the sunset in Oia option in favour of sailing back into Fira - views from water were magical.
FRI. Morning exploring more of Fira and afternoon back to the pool. Dinner was a meeting up with VT'er Helga67 co-coincidently on holiday in this paradise island and happily for us the best sunset of the week that we saw.
SAT. 15 minute transfer to Kamari for a lazy day in this resort
SUN. with car hire for the day time to explore so many inland villages and treasures
MON. one final lazy day in Kamari - even too hot for the beach!
TUES. lazy breakfast by the pool before heading to the airport for flight home
Kamari is a laid back fairly upmarket beach resort. Our hotel was situated at the quieter end (furthest from the rock end) so handy for the beach tavernas and strolling the promenade.
- Pros:scenery, sunshine and sunset
- Cons:busy with cruise ship visitors
- In a nutshell:great hioliday destination for a week
Above Thirasia as we sailed out towards Oia we noticed the almost human/lion face in the rock - has this been carved or... more travel advice
One of our fondest memories - and there were several - was the walk from Fira to Oia along the caldera path. Well... more travel advice
sandysmith's Related Pages
Santorini Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Awarded FIRST Most Beautiful Island for 2011!"
- "SMALL ISLAND - BIG WOW !!!!"
- "Cycladean Splendour"
- "Sunshine and Sunset in Santorini"
- "The spirit of Love!"
- "Santorini – A photographer’s dream"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Santorini Island
- Hotels in Santorini Island
- Transportation in Santorini Island
- Nightlife in Santorini Island
- Restaurants in Santorini Island
- Shopping in Santorini Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Santorini Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Santorini Island
- 43 Reviews
- 198 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (223)
Have you been to Santorini Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Santorini Island
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 110 reviews, 259 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 130 reviews, 166 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Liverpool Intro, 112 reviews, 168 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verona Intro, 101 reviews, 158 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 114 reviews, 133 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rodos (City) Intro, 94 reviews, 148 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santorini Island Intro, 43 reviews, 198 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zermatt Intro, 74 reviews, 117 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dubrovnik Intro, 40 reviews, 148 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sousse Intro, 37 reviews, 149 photos, 1 travelogue