"Tinos Tour" Top 5 Page for this destination Tinos Island by sandysmith
Tinos Island Travel Guide: 127 reviews and 310 photos
we visited Tinos just for a day trip from Mykonos where we were based, but we managed to pack a full day in by getting the 7.30am ferry, touring 7 villages and 2 beaches before enjoying a leisurely evening meal in Tinos Town before catching the late evening ferry back. A full day indeed but very enjoyable.
Tinos is more agricultural than Mykonos and has many interesting white villages dotted around.
Tinos was governed by the Venetians from 1204 until 1715. They loved eating doves and the island has some 600 dovecotes, highly decorated, which are a lovely feature of the island.
Tinos has been farmed intensively in the past and footpaths were laid for transporting goods. Today these can still be walked - a network of paths are clearly signed:
just a few of them are:
Around Exomburgo - 6 km
Kehrovuni - 7.5 km
Kiona 4.5 km
Agapi- Sklavochori - 2.3km
We had heard that the bus service is not the best on the island so we opted to hire a car for the day. It gave us... more travel advice
Located in the square of Tinos, next to the church. Lovely homemade food here with views out to sea We enjoyed one of... more travel advice
sandysmith's Related Pages
Tinos Island Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Tinos: wind, dove coats and greece feeling"
- "Tinos, a Traditoinal Cycladic Island"
- "Pilgrimage Island"
- "Tinos Tour"
- "WORK IN PROGRESS"
- "Pilgrimage Island and so much more"
- "Tinos:blue and white"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Tinos Island
- Hotels in Tinos Island
- Transportation in Tinos Island
- Restaurants in Tinos Island
- Shopping in Tinos Island
- Warnings and Dangers in Tinos Island
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Tinos Island
- 14 Reviews
- 40 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (114)
Have you been to Tinos Island?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Tinos Island
Photos in Tinos IslandSee All Photos (40)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 110 reviews, 259 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 130 reviews, 166 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Liverpool Intro, 112 reviews, 168 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verona Intro, 101 reviews, 158 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 114 reviews, 133 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rodos (City) Intro, 94 reviews, 148 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santorini Island Intro, 43 reviews, 198 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zermatt Intro, 74 reviews, 117 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dubrovnik Intro, 40 reviews, 148 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sousse Intro, 37 reviews, 149 photos, 1 travelogue