"Peramble Around Prague" Top 5 Page for this destination Prague by sandysmith
Prague Travel Guide: 11,916 reviews and 25,075 photos
July 1995 we had a long day visit to Prague on a day visit from Austria.
We had a good tour of the castle district and old town before savouring a traditional meal in a restaurant (name long since forgotten). It was a great visit, despite the heat and the crowds, and whetted our appetitie for a return visit sometime.
Well in March 2004 we were here for 5 days. It was mixed weather sun and snow but we pretty well managed to see most things considering some attractions (especially the gardens not surprisingly) are not fully open until April - something to watch out for. We stayed in the Lesser Town area of Mala Strana (just below the castle) in a small cosy romantic hotel - "At the Yellow Shoe" - an excellent choice, away from busy road and plenty of restaurants around - I'll do my best to give some reviews here.
During our visit the Old Town square was been set up and decorated for the Easter festivities and posssibly the half marathon which was taking place the next weekend. Anyway the garland of flowers around made for a good photo frame ;-)
I'll also try to include here some of th lesser known places in Prague - well at least some I've not see on many other pages.
Summary of our days in Prague:
First night, evening walk across Charles Bridgre to Old town and Wenceslas Sq.
Dinner at U Mecanase
Day 1: Castle and Cathedral, Golden Lane, Changing of Guard parade. New World, Loretta, Strahov Monastery. Walk down Petrin Hill, Maltese Sq. and Na Kampe and Charled Bridge.
Dinner at Blue Duckling (Mala)
Day2: Walk arounfd the embassies of Mala Strana. Cross Charles Bridge to Old Town and Wenscelas Sq. Jewish area and synagogues.
Dinner at Lvi Dur for Prague piglet.
Day 3: Rainy so good day to see inside of St Vitus and royal Palace castle area. St Nicholas visit.(Mala Strana). Walk up Nerdova St.
Dinner at Black eagle.
Day 4: Trip out to Vysehrad and cassemates visit. Then to Letna Park and tram to Petrin Park walk and over to dancing building.
Dinner at Blue Duckling (Old Town)
Day 5 trip Old Town Clock tower and Bridge towers. Tour of Town Hall.
Walk around Nove Mestro and then back to airport in the evening.
- Pros:plenty to see, so many restaurants to choose from
- Cons:always crowded, not enough days for the restaurants
- In a nutshell:compact city with so many architectural gems
The czech people really enjoy their opera and theatre shows - there are many across Prague. Especially popular for... more travel advice
Of all the statues on the Charles Bridge there willl also be a cluster of tourists around the one in the middle . This... more travel advice
sandysmith's Related Pages
Prague Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "What a great and romantic place !"
- "The beautiful town of Prague"
- "WOW! WHAT A WONDERFUL CITY!"
- "Praha is amazing!"
- "Peramble Around Prague"
- "prague czech republic"
- "PRAHA - PRAGUE"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Prague
- Hotels in Prague
- Transportation in Prague
- Nightlife in Prague
- Restaurants in Prague
- Shopping in Prague
- Warnings and Dangers in Prague
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Prague
- 130 Reviews
- 166 Photos
- 31 Forum posts
- 67 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (220)
Have you been to Prague?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Prague
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 110 reviews, 259 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 130 reviews, 166 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Liverpool Intro, 112 reviews, 168 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verona Intro, 101 reviews, 158 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 114 reviews, 133 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rodos (City) Intro, 94 reviews, 148 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santorini Island Intro, 43 reviews, 198 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zermatt Intro, 74 reviews, 117 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dubrovnik Intro, 40 reviews, 148 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sousse Intro, 37 reviews, 149 photos, 1 travelogue