Dubrovnik Transportation Tips by sandysmith
Dubrovnik Transportation: 117 reviews and 118 photos
bus at Lapad
Dubrovnik area has no trams or train service but does have an efficient local bus service - for example number 6 bus runs every 10-15 mins from early morning to midnight connecting the Lapad hotel region - also known as Babin Kuk - with the old city. Other routes are shown on the map found at the bus stops. Fares on the bus are 10 kunar but if you buy in advance form kisoks - most hotels will have them too then price is 8 kunars. (prices Oct 2005) Remember to validate your ticket in the machine as you get on the bus.
ferry in the new Harbour
Many cruise liners come into Dubrovnik and will dock at the Port of Dubrovnik in Gruz the new harbour area - near to the international bus station. One time we saw 4 big cruise liners coming in - Dubrovnik was busy that day! Also departing from here are the regular ferry services, supplied by Jadrolinija to the islands and other parts of the coast of Croatia and across to Italy.
Arrivals into Dubrovnik will normally be at the Dunbrovnik Airport a kew kilometres away from the resort of Cavtat. Its presently small and efficiently run. Our transfer time from getting off the plane to collecting our luggage and setting off on our coach transfer was only about 30 minutes - pretty good I thought! The airport is currently expanding its terminal (Oct 2005) to cope with the expected increase in tourism. We enjoyed a lovlely flight following the croatian coastline down all the way from Istrian region.
Tip: the cafes in the arrivals lounge and shops are slightly cheaper than the ones once you have passed passport control.
international bus station
Just past the port of Dubrovnik in Gruz is the international bus station, Kolvodor As well as buses for other european cities such as Frankfurdt and Trieste, services go to Mostar and Kotor as well as nearer croatian resorts such as Cavtat - number 10 bus for this. Full details of dates and times on the web site. Its not in English so click on top link "VOZNI RED" and then click on the pdf file for timetables.
More Reviews (36)
sandysmith's Related Pages
Dubrovnik Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "DUBROVNIK , the Pearl of Croatia"
- "Dubrovnik and the beauty inside"
- "Dubrovnik - Ragusa"
- "Divine Dubrovnik"
- "Unavoidable Dubrovnik"
- "A Lovely Village Inside a Wall"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dubrovnik
- Hotels in Dubrovnik
- Transportation in Dubrovnik
- Nightlife in Dubrovnik
- Restaurants in Dubrovnik
- Shopping in Dubrovnik
- Warnings and Dangers in Dubrovnik
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dubrovnik
- 40 Reviews
- 148 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 69 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (114)
Have you been to Dubrovnik?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dubrovnik
Photos in DubrovnikSee All Photos (148)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 110 reviews, 259 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 130 reviews, 166 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Liverpool Intro, 112 reviews, 168 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verona Intro, 101 reviews, 158 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 114 reviews, 133 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rodos (City) Intro, 94 reviews, 148 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santorini Island Intro, 43 reviews, 198 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zermatt Intro, 74 reviews, 117 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dubrovnik Intro, 40 reviews, 148 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sousse Intro, 37 reviews, 149 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (103)
- City walls- 110 Reviews, 217 Photos
- Old City- 85 Reviews, 155 Photos
- Stradun- 41 Reviews, 85 Photos
- Island of Lokrum- 21 Reviews, 48 Photos
- Franciscan Monastery- 25 Reviews, 78 Photos
- Walking- 30 Reviews, 58 Photos
- Fort Lovrijenac- 23 Reviews, 52 Photos
- Big Onofrije's Fountain- 26 Reviews, 51 Photos
- Old Port- 24 Reviews, 64 Photos
- Gates of Pile- 27 Reviews, 40 Photos
See All Dubrovnik Things to Do