"Sandy's new Bulgaria Page" Top 5 Page for this destination Borovec by sandysmith

Borovec Travel Guide: 80 reviews and 163 photos

We spent a relaxing week in the alpine resort of Borovets. We weren't skiing - just winter walking, soaking up the sun in mountain restaurants, enjoying the snowy scenery and drinking hot chocholate laced with brandy - very relaxing. Oh yes and we met ALF (Alien life form). Borovets has many strange creatures on its mountains. We also met the Pink Panther but thats another story....

• Last visit to Borovec: Feb 2001
  • Intro Written Sep 10, 2002

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Feb 26, 2006 at 2:42 AM

Very whire page, but colorful as well :-) Haha, I have to skidoo someday... it must be fun, right Sandy?

• BluBluBlu's Profile Photo
    Oct 15, 2005 at 7:15 AM

Nice page Sandy...hope you brought lots of wine home with you! Blu

• Nixter01's Profile Photo
    Mar 16, 2005 at 3:04 PM

Hi Sandy ! Thanks for your advice & comments for Borovets, having now been I can laugh at the same things, To true about those damn animals ! Still building my page, so many photos ! Nikki

• ettenaj's Profile Photo
    Nov 13, 2004 at 8:00 AM

Those Bulgarian signs are a killer arnt they?

• chrishc's Profile Photo
    Mar 12, 2004 at 9:18 AM

Skiing in Borovets is certainly fun but sorry, no real black runs. Can you still buy a bottle of Stolichnaya for £1.20?

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Dec 4, 2003 at 3:34 PM

Yup, now I remember the PP. ;)

• b1bob's Profile Photo
    Jul 26, 2003 at 7:54 AM

I knew Bulgaria had some high mountains, but I didn't know they were part of the Alps or that Bulgaria had ski resorts. Maybe they can host a future winter Olympiad.

• Jan 31, 2003 at 4:03 AM

An inspiring page.

• bugalugs's Profile Photo
    Nov 12, 2002 at 2:38 AM

Looks great Sandy, nice interesting page. That Alf's hair looks vaguely like mine :-)

sandysmith

“THank you for the birthday wishes!”

Badges & Stats in Borovec

Have you been to Borovec?

Latest Activity in Borovec