"Wolfgangsee" Top 5 Page for this destination Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut by sandysmith

St Wolfgang, in the heart of the Salzkammergut - the Austrian Lake District - is one of the most popular resorts (and thus tourist laden) in Austria. Popular no doubt for the White Horse Inn opera fame and also for the Sound of Music film connections.

This charming and historic village has a beautiful setting on the banks of the Wolfgangsee. Its best explored when the many day trippers have gone though. We spent a week here and managed to see a few sights inbetween the rain we had :-S Our week later in Kaprun was much the same sort of weather - typical of our English Lake District!

• Pros:scenic village by the lake
  • Cons:can be crowded and wet, just like the English Lake District :-S
  • In a nutshell:a must for the sound of music tour fans
  • Intro Updated Oct 10, 2004

Travelogues (1)

• Fam.Rauca's Profile Photo
    May 24, 2007 at 6:28 AM

You showed on your page wonderful pictures from this splendid station. Past summer, we have spent a week into this place and we were very enthusiastic. Gabriela

• victorwkf's Profile Photo
    Jun 28, 2006 at 9:09 AM

Which month did you visit St Wolfgang? Im thinking of going to this wonderful place next year :)

• nhcram's Profile Photo
    Mar 12, 2005 at 8:02 AM

Sankt Wolfgang looked so different in winter. We stayed nearby last Christmas....so lovely. V accurate tips.

• J.I.M's Profile Photo
    Feb 2, 2005 at 9:25 AM

Wow, impressive! Thanks to this page I've now added Sankt Wolfgang to my list of must-see places in Austria :D Thanks! Jim

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Nov 26, 2004 at 5:43 PM

One of the best restaurant shots I've seen on VT. Drawn to food and the mountains. It is not wonder we get along so well. ;)

• unravelau's Profile Photo
    Oct 10, 2004 at 4:52 AM

What a beautiful place. I love your photographs and appreciate the effort you put in to making number one pages. There seems to be a lovely sense of peace here. Thank you.

• micas_pt's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2004 at 11:04 AM

The landscapes are breathtaking! The village however seems a bit "over visited" judging by your photo, ... nice off the beaten path tips.

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Aug 25, 2004 at 4:02 PM

Breathtaking, high-energy landscapes here. I see, I should go there...

• dr.firas's Profile Photo
    Aug 19, 2004 at 2:12 AM

Wow no wondering if Micheal consider it as a favorite area, great Page Sandy, I wonder what was your first ancient golden tip LOL

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Aug 18, 2004 at 9:01 PM

an excellent page about my favorite area in Austria, just 2 hours to drive from my home !

sandysmith

“THank you for the birthday wishes!”

Badges & Stats in Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut

Have you been to Sankt Wolfgang im Salzkammergut?