"Strolls around Soell" Söll by sandysmith

Söll Travel Guide: 36 reviews and 72 photos

Soell is a popular little Austrian tyrol village not too far from Ellmau where we were based. Frescoed hotels prettify the centre but what I remembered most was a short walk on the village outskirts to the little Moorsee for a favoured reflection picture :-))

Back in 2011 for a visit - road works were the order of the day as a new by-pass was being built - should be finished by the winter season though.

Soell is dominated by the Hohe Salve peak - reached easily by a 2-stage gondola - with its wonderful 360 degree alpine panorama.

Half way up the Hohe Salve at Hochsoell is "Hexenwasser" an unusual series of water features which looked great fun for all ages.

• Last visit to Söll: May 2004
  • Intro Updated Aug 1, 2011

• tessy's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2006 at 2:04 PM

I just saw that pic on the vt FP! Fantastic shot! Just perfect!

• Aurorae's Profile Photo
    Oct 27, 2005 at 1:33 AM

Austria is one of the most beautful, scenic countries I've ever been to! Söll seems to be perfect alpine paradise! In spite of the Hexenweg! ;-) Great page!

• Oct 1, 2005 at 4:46 AM

Thank you for your reply sandy.i was wondering if you had been to the midsummer festival in soell and if so would you recommend it.THANX

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2005 at 9:53 AM

Great page, both info and pictures. Very beautiful area I never visited, yet!

• desert_princess's Profile Photo
    Jun 2, 2005 at 1:37 PM

Oh Soll... I used to work there like 4 winters back. Funny to see the places in summer.Thanxx 4 the pics from the Hexewasser and the postwirt . Memories,memories...

• enroute's Profile Photo
    Feb 23, 2005 at 5:09 AM

What a beautiful place! So idyllic!

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Dec 29, 2004 at 1:16 PM

Moorsee looks lovely but a bit over the top on the gondolas. ;P Looks like you saved your good May weather for the hiking rather than our beery excursion to Salzburg!

• Gentleman75's Profile Photo
    Dec 15, 2004 at 6:00 AM

Marvellous page! So beautiful photos and great tips! Thanks for shareing!

• Aug 28, 2004 at 11:11 AM

I've never heard about Söll before, but the scenery looks breathtaking. I must admit I like the new 8-seater gondolas better than the old ones :-)

• Jun 22, 2004 at 2:33 AM

Simply BEAUTIFUL intro photo!! Each 2 years we go to Zell am See and we can't get enough of the Austrian scenery :)) Thanks for sharing Sandra :))

sandysmith

“THank you for the birthday wishes!”

Badges & Stats in Söll