"Bloomin' Beddgelert" Beddgelert by sandysmith

Beddgelert Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 81 photos

Beddgelert is undoubtedly Snowdonia's most picturesque mountain village.
Stone cottages, inns and hotels are surrounded by Snowdonia's finest scenery .
It is in the heart of wondeful hiking country with the beautiful Aberglaslyn Pass and
Nant Gwynant valley nearby as well as the paths up Snowdon.
A deserved winner of "Britain in Bloom" competition.

• Pros:splendid scenery
  • Cons:it can be prone to rain
  • In a nutshell:Snowdonia's prettiest village
  • Last visit to Beddgelert: Oct 2002
  • Intro Updated Mar 31, 2007

• KiKitC's Profile Photo
    May 16, 2009 at 3:28 AM

That little bit found by Laura may be enough for a plane ticket these days! Heartbreaking story of Gelert. What wonderful tips. Thanks. Have a marvelous birthday.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Aug 7, 2007 at 3:08 PM

Sandy, your photos are just too fantastic for words, bringing back dim (but happy) memories of my brief time in Wales! The Gelert grave story was sad but I picked up after viewing your magnificent Beddgelert hike! Why is everything so picturesque in UK?

• toonsarah's Profile Photo
    Jun 24, 2007 at 1:58 AM

Wonderful page, especially the photos. Thank you for bringing back happy memories of a visit here 20 years ago, including a stay at the Prince Llywelyn! I didn't know that The Inn of the Sixth Happiness was partly filmed near here though.

• travelfrosch's Profile Photo
    May 15, 2007 at 5:32 PM

Snowdonia: another place I need to add to my list of places to see. Thanks for the tips and pictures! Cheers, Mark

• Apr 18, 2007 at 9:16 AM

We stayed in Sygun Fawr 10 years ago on our first weekend away together and again 6 years ago on honeymoon. Beautiful hotel, wonderful scenery, excellent food and the owners were lovely. Worth the extra as this place makes you feel like a million dollars!

• barbskie's Profile Photo
    Apr 11, 2007 at 12:44 PM

Beddgelert, what a tranquil place! really wonderful for hiking. thanks Sandy.

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2007 at 5:58 AM

Lovely UK scenery that D and I must see together one day. Funny shots of Laura digging for gold. And even a CAMRA pub for me. Now, all I need to do is find a 22 pound B & B for two. ;)

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Apr 8, 2007 at 5:11 AM

What a wonderful place to hike! It must have been so lovely yesterday with the sun shining and warm weather and gorgeous nature. We had some snow here yesterday, so I am stuck to some virtual dream hiking instead ;-)

• bugalugs's Profile Photo
    Apr 9, 2006 at 1:13 PM

Lovely page, I remember visiting here when our Joe was still in his buggy! The story of Gelert is so very sad :-(((

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Nov 10, 2005 at 7:37 AM

Ah how wonderful !! :-)

sandysmith

“THank you for the birthday wishes!”

Badges & Stats in Beddgelert

Have you been to Beddgelert?

Latest Activity in Beddgelert