"Formby Beach and Dunes" Formby by sandysmith
Formby Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 30 photos
Formby has a lovely wide beach backed by large sand dunes.
To reach the beach at Formby a walk through Lifeboat Road nature reserve can be taken.
Alternatively the beach can be accessed from the end of Victoria road - owned by National Trust.
- Pros:beach, dunes and red squirels
- In a nutshell:lovely nature reserve
The dune system here is the fourth largest in Britain and an important site for wildlife. The sand dunes are constantly... more travel advice
Just opposite St Luke's chuch is a newish housing complex done in an old village style - thatched roofs to the houses... more travel advice
sandysmith's Related Pages
Formby Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Formby Beach and Dunes"
- "A Pleasant and Easy Day Trip (for me)"
- "The Red Squirrel Economy of Formby"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Formby
- Transportation in Formby
- Warnings and Dangers in Formby
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Formby
- 20 Reviews
- 23 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (224)
Have you been to Formby?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Formby
Photos in FormbySee All Photos (23)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 110 reviews, 259 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 130 reviews, 166 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Liverpool Intro, 112 reviews, 168 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verona Intro, 101 reviews, 158 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 114 reviews, 133 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rodos (City) Intro, 94 reviews, 148 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santorini Island Intro, 43 reviews, 198 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zermatt Intro, 74 reviews, 117 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dubrovnik Intro, 40 reviews, 148 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sousse Intro, 37 reviews, 149 photos, 1 travelogue