"Hoylake and the North Wirral Coastal Park" Hoylake by sandysmith

Hoylake Travel Guide: 42 reviews and 61 photos

Hoylake is a quiet seaside town....for most of the year. Come the August bank holiday though the lifeboat station has an open day and the promenade at Hoylake becomes thronged with people watching air shows over the beach, visiting many stalls and enjoying the funfairs too.

Coastal Park

Also on this page I will include the North Wirral coastal Park which streteches for 4 miles fom Meols (next to Hoylake) down to New Brighton which makes for a bracing walk in January but a great way to walk off the Christmas excess!

Lighthouses galore!

The off the beaten section will feature several lighthouses in the Wirral area - some of them quite old.

• Pros:Coastal path
  • Cons:watch out for high tides!
  • In a nutshell:delightful coastal discoveries
  • Intro Updated Jan 13, 2003

• Jokerit_pl's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2006 at 4:37 PM

Wow, Sandy. I really like the shots you took at the Open. The top picture of Tiger staring down the 11th tee is impressive.

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Nov 8, 2005 at 3:43 PM

Looks like a great gathering of family, Sandy. Seems the Smiths are running more in the male direction? ;)

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2003 at 11:56 AM

Great lighthouses - in three different styles, I can't decide which of them is the prettiest - must visit all hehe. Not many people there - great area! And the sandy yachts - hmm... I'd like to try to travel by them, is it possible?

• bugalugs's Profile Photo
    Feb 9, 2003 at 12:39 PM

A great insight to this obviously lovely area, Sandy, must make an effort to get over that way soon.

• call_me_rhia's Profile Photo
    Feb 9, 2003 at 12:14 PM

here go sandy's famous reflection pics... u r an addict of them ;)

• nighthawk's Profile Photo
    Jan 22, 2003 at 3:58 PM

oh sandy! thanks ever so much!! i just love this wonderful page!! u r ever so priviliged to live nearby! wow i sure wanna visit one day!

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Jan 14, 2003 at 10:04 AM

Thxs for the lighthouses!!! I think I love Perch Rock Lighthouse the best :-) And you live in such a beautiful area! I love the coastline, and it looks great to hike there! The Sunday Roast made me think so much of my visits here, I wanna go again! :-)

• jmarkoos's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2003 at 11:00 PM

Beautiful walk on the coast-I am sure you enjoyed this trip:-)

• kaloz's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2003 at 12:02 PM

Sunday roast and lighthouses, sounds delightful.

• KennetRose's Profile Photo
    Oct 10, 2002 at 3:12 AM

Ah, Hoylake! Rather snooty when I was a kid but that dinner looks good!

sandysmith

“THank you for the birthday wishes!”

Badges & Stats in Hoylake

Have you been to Hoylake?

Latest Activity in Hoylake