"Lakelands" Lake District National Park by sandysmith
Lake District National Park Travel Guide: 487 reviews and 1,306 photos
A shame really as the Lake District has some stunning scenery and many attractions to explore. Also the few times I've been there we have been fairly fortunate with the weather...it can rain a lot here...that's why there are so many lakes.....lol
The picture shown here is of a popular walk to Rydal Water, near Grasmere in the lake District...one of the many "Wainwrights" to conquer. Check out this hike in the travelogue.
There are hikes on low trails and high fells - sonthing for all abilities, just come prepared with good footwear and waterproofs.
- Pros:Great scenery and hiking for all abilitites
- Cons:It can rain a lot..that's why there are lakes!
- In a nutshell:English scenery at its best
Buttermere is one of the easiest and prettiest lakes to walk around - takes about 2 hours and if you are blessed with... more travel advice
Loughriggs's strategic position close to Ambleside, Rdyal and Grasmere makes it a popular outing. The fell views,... more travel advice
Written May 3, 2003
Conquering a Wainwright - Loughrigg
Written Dec 29, 2005
sandysmith's Related Pages
Lake District National Park Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Right On Our Doorstep......"
- "A favourite part of the country"
- "Lake District"
- "Ben-UK's Lake District page"
- "It`s Just A Hop Skip And A Jump"
- "Scenery at its best"
- "The Lake District - scenery at its best"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lake District National Park
- Hotels in Lake District National Park
- Transportation in Lake District National Park
- Nightlife in Lake District National Park
- Restaurants in Lake District National Park
- Shopping in Lake District National Park
- Warnings and Dangers in Lake District National Park
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Lake District National Park
- 24 Reviews
- 49 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 24 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (113)
Have you been to Lake District National Park?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lake District National Park
- Posted in Travel Austria Forum "Re: Information on Ellmau for our..."
- Commented on one of Helga67's Lake District National Park travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Buttermere Reflections"
- created a Lake District National Park Travelogue "Buttermere Reflections"
- Wrote a Review Buttermere Circuit in Lake District National Park Favorites
Photos in Lake District National ParkSee All Photos (49)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 110 reviews, 259 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 130 reviews, 166 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Liverpool Intro, 112 reviews, 168 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verona Intro, 101 reviews, 158 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 114 reviews, 133 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rodos (City) Intro, 94 reviews, 148 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santorini Island Intro, 43 reviews, 198 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zermatt Intro, 74 reviews, 117 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dubrovnik Intro, 40 reviews, 148 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sousse Intro, 37 reviews, 149 photos, 1 travelogue