"Liverpool - European Capital of Culture 2008" Top 5 Page for this destination Liverpool by sandysmith

Liverpool Travel Guide: 1,281 reviews and 2,296 photos

I live across the water from Liverpool so its no stranger to me
and this page will often be updated from various visits.

Liverpool is famous for its two cathedrals, the Albert docks, the Beatles the
Mersey ferries and of course its two football teams - Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves!

The "Three Graces"

The main buildings on the waterfront are known as the "Three Graces". They will soon be joined by a "4th Grace", giving Liverpool a comtemporary landscape.

There's always plenty of things going on - even more so since Liverpool has won the prestigous award of European Capital of Culture 2008. Liverpool is now the happening place to be!

Beatlemania

There are countless reminders of the Beatles in Liverpool of course. The museum is situated in the Albert Dock Complex and there are memorial statues in the Cavern Walks Centre.

See the travelogue below for "Beatles Street".

• Pros:Historical Port, Culture and Music, Scouse Humour
  • Cons:None
  • In a nutshell:Too much to see in one day!
  • Intro Updated Mar 11, 2006

• Gillybob's Profile Photo
    Sep 30, 2008 at 1:29 PM

Nice one! Have a good time! Gillybob greetings

• King_Golo's Profile Photo
    Jul 15, 2008 at 9:30 AM

Hi Sandy, although it took me ages to click through all of your Liverpool tips, I must admit that this is a very informative page with lots of infos. I went to Liverpool this March and enjoyed it very much. A really cool place!

• Sep 18, 2007 at 2:25 PM

Sandy, William McKenzie is sitting at his card table...with the winning hand. The church is St Andrew's-The Scottish Church

• Dec 5, 2006 at 12:38 PM

Hello You refer to the "3 Graces". I'm 50-something and I hadn't heard this phrase until a few years ago. It isn't a local, Liverpool phrase. Who started it?

• Sep 18, 2006 at 3:35 PM

Hi Sandy, I've been 'accross the pond' several times over the past few years for visits to Liverpool. Its a great city, vibrant, the people are the best in the UK, not to mention my visits to that Mecca Anfield! I just love the place, so down to earth!

• steventilly's Profile Photo
    Aug 26, 2006 at 1:40 AM

Some stunning night shots, especially the first fountain shot. That has "pro" quality.

• Fergie01's Profile Photo
    Jun 29, 2006 at 10:29 AM

Hi Ya, just popped in to say Hello' and thanks for the glimpse into the Beatles, we just saw Ringo Starr in concert! Brilliant... How the UK doing? greetings from Ontario Canada

• Pete.Gibson's Profile Photo
    Nov 11, 2005 at 5:00 PM

Dispite being a life long Chelsea supporter, congrats an a great page and good luck to the Reds this year LOL

• Toyin's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2005 at 6:29 AM

Interesting page, ..its very nice to put this city into persepective. Excellent naratives. Kind regards.

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    May 10, 2005 at 4:20 PM

I'll get back across the pond all right. And when I do, I plan on doing this Cain tour. Two pints and a buffet for less than four quid?! Now, that's a bargain I can't pass up. :)

sandysmith

“THank you for the birthday wishes!”

Badges & Stats in Liverpool

Have you been to Liverpool?

Latest Activity in Liverpool