"Classic Cornish Coastal Village" Top 5 Page for this destination Mevagissey by sandysmith

Mevagissey Travel Guide: 58 reviews and 115 photos

Mevagissey

A traditional - one of the few remaining - fishing village on the south coast of Cornwall.

See the waves crashing onto the rocky coastline, stroll around the quaint harbour and browse amongst the little shops and then enjoy some traditional fish and chips.

• In a nutshell:quaint traditional fishing village
  • Last visit to Mevagissey: Apr 2003
  • Intro Updated May 2, 2003

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2006 at 2:41 AM

I know what you mean about wanting to watch the sea all day. It's mesmerising. Must return here, (out of season) it's probably 40 years since my last visit. Wonderful pics.

• Apr 3, 2004 at 10:22 AM

That piccy is the eastern gullies at meva and is where I did my PADI diver training, nice photos.

• Geoff_Wright's Profile Photo
    Feb 8, 2004 at 3:17 AM

Wonderful page, Sandy. My family lived here during the War, but I only remember it from 1949!!. I haven't tasted a real Pasty for years. Most are not very original these days.

• steventilly's Profile Photo
    May 21, 2003 at 9:21 AM

Well, since you "plugged" it :-PP My god, the size of those pasties :-))))))

• May 17, 2003 at 4:03 AM

Beautiful harbour colored houses and the light house with a bit of ray of light is stunning! Like the opening pix, Sandy:-)

• shdw100's Profile Photo
    May 16, 2003 at 5:14 AM

What a find! This looks like a cool, pleasant place to visit. Wonderful fotos. As usual, a great page, Sandy!

• sim1's Profile Photo
    May 2, 2003 at 4:54 PM

What a picturesque village! I would love to try the Cornish Pasties! Yummie! Wonderful coastline, I can just picture me standing there with the salty sea breeze blowing in my face, watching the waves and the lighthouse in the distance.

• herzog63's Profile Photo
    May 2, 2003 at 3:21 PM

Mevegissey looks so picturesque! I love small towns like this! It must be great to eat some fish and chips and talk with some of the old salts of the sea!

sandysmith

“THank you for the birthday wishes!”

Badges & Stats in Mevagissey

Have you been to Mevagissey?

Latest Activity in Mevagissey