"Much to do in Much Wenlock" Much Wenlock by sandysmith
Much Wenlock Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 54 photos
With the 2008 Olympics just coming to an end, August Bank holiday we found ourselves in the delightful historic market town of Much Wenlock, located in the county of Shropshire in central England, close to the Welsh border.
The town is renowned for the birthplace of the Modern Olympics due to William Penny Brookes. There is an Olympian trail around the town - details in the excellent local museum along with much more information. Apart from the Olympic connections there are beautiful black and white timbered buildings, many cosy inns and tea rooms as well as wonderful ruins of a double monastery within walking distance of the town - so much to do in Much Wenlock.
- Pros:great day out in the country, lots to learn and enjoy
- In a nutshell:more than the Olympic trail
Apart from the Olympic connection Much Wenlock is a delightful village to explore with its pretty cottages, specialist... more travel advice
These spectacular ruins are the 12th & 13th century remains of a church and cloistral buildings belonging to the Cluniac... more travel advice
sandysmith's Related Pages
Much Wenlock Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Much to do in Much Wenlock"
- "Much to see"
- "Much Wenlock - A gem of a town in Shropshire"
- "Much Wenlock"
- "I'm Stoat, and this is my friend Weasel"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Much Wenlock
- 10 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (114)
Have you been to Much Wenlock?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Much Wenlock
Photos in Much WenlockSee All Photos (37)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 110 reviews, 259 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 130 reviews, 166 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Liverpool Intro, 112 reviews, 168 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verona Intro, 101 reviews, 158 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 114 reviews, 133 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rodos (City) Intro, 94 reviews, 148 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santorini Island Intro, 43 reviews, 198 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zermatt Intro, 74 reviews, 117 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dubrovnik Intro, 40 reviews, 148 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sousse Intro, 37 reviews, 149 photos, 1 travelogue