"Newcastle" Top 5 Page for this destination Newcastle upon Tyne by sandysmith

Newcastle upon Tyne Travel Guide: 831 reviews and 1,634 photos

Tilly Tour - Part 4

Newcastle was the last leg of our weekend Tilly Tour :-) The morning had seen us in the sunshine of the delightful university city of Durham. We arrived here for a Tapas lunch and walk around the quayside and the town sight of "Toon" town. Really enjoyed the sights here - just wish I'd brought my sunglasses and had more coffee as the resulting headache just took off the edge off the visit :-S Still lots more to see than we managed to enjoy in our afternoon here so I'm sure we will be back for another visit sometime.

• Pros:great mix of old and new stylesby the quayside
  • Last visit to Newcastle upon Tyne: Aug 2004
  • Intro Updated Sep 4, 2004

• zadunajska8's Profile Photo
    Jan 17, 2012 at 4:26 PM

Thanks for the tips on Newcastle. I'll try to put them to good use in March.

• MikeStarr5's Profile Photo
    Oct 29, 2007 at 2:42 PM

Great pic - Thanks. Here in "Barking Town" we have the UK's 2nd largest public artwork called "Holding Pattern" - It's 70m long x 50m wide and almost 6m high. It cost £650,000 to build and only Anthony Gormley's Angel of the North is bigger.

• mmyerspa's Profile Photo
    Jun 10, 2007 at 6:55 AM

I learned a lot about Newcastle from your travel page. Looks like a place I'd enjoy visiting.

• aaaarrgh's Profile Photo
    Jan 12, 2007 at 9:43 AM

Your Baltic tip was featured just now on the VT homepage. Great photo! Newcastle is also high on my list of places to visit.

• diocletianvs's Profile Photo
    Jun 16, 2006 at 9:49 AM

I have just added Newcastle on my "Top 5 places I need to visit a.s.a.p". Bridges look fantastic and the docklands development looks very interesting.

• broadoak2006's Profile Photo
    Nov 4, 2005 at 10:57 AM

Enjoyed VERY much your thoughts and photos of 'The Toon' - I live in Newcastle and hope your Page will attract more visitors to our city-Martin M

• steventilly's Profile Photo
    Mar 23, 2005 at 4:00 PM

I presume he means the Angel? Or maybe St James' Park?

• Mar 23, 2005 at 10:50 AM

Its a an ugly heap of rusting metal,,hardly an attractive entrance to one of the nicest parts of England,

• dr.firas's Profile Photo
    Sep 17, 2004 at 2:15 AM

I've got the feeling the city is well decorated with those lovely hanging bridges, nice work Blondy :-)))

• clairegeordio's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2004 at 10:06 AM

Interesting page Sandy. Thanks for sharing! Claire

sandysmith

“THank you for the birthday wishes!”

Badges & Stats in Newcastle upon Tyne

Have you been to Newcastle upon Tyne?

Latest Activity in Newcastle upon Tyne