"Southport" Top 5 Page for this destination Southport by sandysmith

Southport Travel Guide: 125 reviews and 272 photos

Southport has been a tourist resort for over 200 years now. Its Victorian influence has bestowed many graceful buildings on this seaside town. Visit its pier and great shopping facilities and enjoy the traditional seaside kitsch!

Lord Street is the main area for enjoying the shopping and neoclassical buildings.

The new Marine Bridge is now open and is linked to the pier too.

• In a nutshell:seaside and shopping pleasureland
  • Intro Updated Mar 19, 2005

• Britannia2's Profile Photo
    Jun 20, 2006 at 3:04 PM

Sandy - Southport is my favourite English town. Wonderful page as usual.

• Jun 9, 2006 at 12:34 AM

Don't go to The Bold Arms if you value customer service - this pub doesn't. The chef decided to finish early and refused to take our order or speak to us. I wrote to the manager Mr Peat for his comments but he didn’t bother to reply.

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2005 at 9:25 AM

Wonderful sunny page Sandy! And of course some beautiful Sandy reflections shots are included :-)) Those thatched ducks are so cute! Hahaha, and I think I 'need' one of those mirrors, LOL :-)))

• dr.firas's Profile Photo
    Apr 22, 2005 at 7:48 AM

Wonderful page of a wonderful place, really this Southport looks very inviting to be visited, great tips and photos dear blondy ;-D I have this feeling I won't be able to resist long a second visit to UK :-D

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    Mar 28, 2005 at 1:28 PM

Sandy, fabulous page with brilliant photos. I love your bridge photos, especially the one at sunset. See you in Verona ... :o)

• steventilly's Profile Photo
    Mar 22, 2005 at 2:40 PM

I love Southport and its neighbouring area. I didn't even know it had a zoo! (Zoos aren't my thing anyway)

• mazzap's Profile Photo
    Jan 8, 2005 at 4:29 PM

Lovely tips on Southport Sandy! Reading them and seeing your pics reminded why I love Englands seaside resorts! Though this is one I haven't yet visited! Marion x.

sandysmith

“THank you for the birthday wishes!”

Badges & Stats in Southport

Have you been to Southport?

Latest Activity in Southport