"Whistlestop tour of Whitby" Top 5 Page for this destination Whitby by sandysmith

Whitby Travel Guide: 355 reviews and 746 photos

Tilly Tour - Part 2

A gorgeous historical sea town on the north east coast of England with its Captain Cook and Count Dracula connections. Pretty harbourside to explore and above the ruins of an old Abbey and church graveyard. This is definitely a place I could revisit and explore more.

The streets in the old town are really quaint , the "yards" have unusual names - perfect for a pose!

Our tour guides for our adventures in the north east of England :-))

• Pros:delightful harbour town overlooked by an Abbey
  • Cons:too many tourists in a small space
  • In a nutshell:somewhere I have to revisit and see more of!
  • Last visit to Whitby: Aug 2004
  • Intro Updated Sep 4, 2004

• highlandlaura's Profile Photo
    Sep 6, 2006 at 11:00 AM

Love it! Love Whitby! Good tips on Things to Do. Making plans for travel, early '07.

• dr.firas's Profile Photo
    Sep 10, 2004 at 2:50 AM

Wonderful page, I see the seashore, where is the harbor LOL I liked it so much Sandy Blondy

• Eddie101's Profile Photo
    Sep 4, 2004 at 9:04 AM

Many a childhood day spent at Whitby, you portray it so well, it holds many treasured memories for me. The pictures are so, so good, thanks for sharing them.

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Aug 31, 2004 at 3:51 AM

Great page! Those 'Reflections a la Sandy' are all fantastic! Your page makes me think back to my own visit to Whitby. The thing I remember best are the Abbey ruins! So many photo opps. It was only so windy though, it was hard to hold on to my camera, LOL

• steventilly's Profile Photo
    Aug 30, 2004 at 1:02 PM

Nice page, great guides. Where the heck is that Scoresby Memorial, I've never seen it!

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    Aug 29, 2004 at 3:31 PM

Lovely page, great history, Abbey ruins, Captain Cook and beautiful harbour views :-)

• suvanki's Profile Photo
    Aug 28, 2004 at 4:15 PM

Blimey, just been off to watch Olympics and you're still here putting on gr8 pics n tips of Whitby, feel a Bank Hol visit to Whitby coming on!! lol!

sandysmith

“THank you for the birthday wishes!”

Badges & Stats in Whitby