"Not Quite Wrexham" Wrexham by sandysmith
Wrexham Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 10 photos
Not quite Wrexhan but just on its outskirts is the house and gardens of Erddig Hall, now owned by the National Trust.
The range of outbuildings includes kitchen, laundry, bakehouse, stables, sawmill, smithy and joiner’s shop, while the beautiful state rooms display many original 18th- and 19th-century furniture and furnishings, including some exquisite Chinese wallpaper. The large walled garden has been restored to its 18th-century formal design and has a Victorian parterre and yew walk. It also contains the National Collection of Ivies.
Just one mile outside of Wrexham, the building of Erddig began in 1684 - a grand new house for Joshua Edisbury. His... more travel advice
sandysmith's Related Pages
Wrexham Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Not Quite Wrexham"
- "Welcome to Wales"
- "A train into Wales every day!"
- "Wrexham: Gateway to North Wales"
- "My Ancestry"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Wrexham
- Hotels in Wrexham
- Transportation in Wrexham
- Nightlife in Wrexham
- Restaurants in Wrexham
- Warnings and Dangers in Wrexham
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Wrexham
- 2 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (114)
Have you been to Wrexham?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Wrexham
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 110 reviews, 259 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 130 reviews, 166 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Liverpool Intro, 112 reviews, 168 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verona Intro, 101 reviews, 158 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 114 reviews, 133 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rodos (City) Intro, 94 reviews, 148 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santorini Island Intro, 43 reviews, 198 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zermatt Intro, 74 reviews, 117 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dubrovnik Intro, 40 reviews, 148 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sousse Intro, 37 reviews, 149 photos, 1 travelogue