"I love Switzerland - and all their cable-cars!" Switzerland by sandysmith

Switzerland Travel Guide: 14,586 reviews and 43,933 photos

Switzerland - the Jungfrau area especialy - is my idea of heaven on earth.
The mountain transport is excellent and the hiking is exhilarating.
This picture of the reflection in the Bachalpsee is an all time favourite
- I have a greatly enlarged version hanging in my home.
Switzerland has many other beautiful areas apart from The Bernese Oberland
so please check out my other Swiss pages for more details -many tips are just a taster here!

Zermatt

A visit to Switzerland would not be complete without visiting Zermatt in the Valais region and when the clouds clear and the Mattehorn shows herself it truly is a magnificent sight. A hikers heaven here too and we have been fortunate to enjoy some majestic scenery here.

The hiking paths in Switzerland are well maintained, you'll always find waymarks and the times tend to be accurate and as for the scenery, well its simply stunnig...just take a look and see how easy the paths can be too!

• Pros:Mountains, Chocolate and Snow Galore!!
  • Cons:Expensive
  • In a nutshell:A Hiker's Heaven
  • Last visit to Switzerland: Aug 2002
  • Intro Updated May 1, 2005

• Jun 7, 2010 at 9:28 AM

We've been to Switzerland three times already and plan to go back in 2012 or 2013. Thank you for posting re Binn. I'm going to add it to my list of places to visit on our next trip. Thanks again for the postings. Take care.

• azzonfolly's Profile Photo
    Nov 7, 2008 at 6:06 AM

Thanks a lot, Sandy for all your tips ! we are looking forward to visiting Switzerland and your info will sure be a lot of help.

• balhannah's Profile Photo
    Aug 9, 2008 at 3:10 AM

Thanks for your tips and beautiful photos. Had chosen quite a few of the less visited places you have been for our itinerary. Hope we get there, looks good!

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Jun 3, 2008 at 10:56 AM

Great tips Sandy!

• lmc2626's Profile Photo
    Oct 4, 2006 at 9:23 PM

what about seeing manila on your next travel?

• dr.firas's Profile Photo
    May 4, 2005 at 5:37 AM

I share you the same passion of Swiss Sandy dear, but we are meeting in 2 days in Italy hehe :-))

• barbskie's Profile Photo
    May 1, 2005 at 2:12 PM

Hmmm, new great tips. One of my best areas :-)

• buzzz's Profile Photo
    Apr 14, 2005 at 12:24 AM

Lovely pages Sandy. We are hoping to take in a few days through Switzerland in August on our European road trip. I'll come back for travalogues when I have more time.

• hundwalder's Profile Photo
    Feb 10, 2005 at 6:38 PM

Your alpine photos are excellent. They do these natural wonders justice. Your narratives are well written and informative. Thanks

• JOHNWILLIAMS's Profile Photo
    Nov 16, 2004 at 11:59 AM

Sandy, thanks for visiting my Swiss page. Must update it soon. You had some fabulous photos. Keep them coming. John (Northern Ireland)

sandysmith

“THank you for the birthday wishes!”

Badges & Stats in Switzerland

• 1,261 Photos

Have you been to Switzerland?

Latest Activity in Switzerland