Burano Restaurant Tips by sandysmith Top 5 Page for this destination
Burano Restaurants: 20 reviews and 34 photos
Da Romano is reputed to be the best restaurant in the lagoon. A popular meeting place for artists - the walls inside are covered with art work too. Expensive but its setting in Burano amidst all the colour was worthwhile.
We enjoyed a simple but delicious Risotto at lunchtime - its speciality, flavoured with fish broth. Excellent service too.
Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: main street near Piazza Galuppi
This was a great place for a light lunch on Burano - not too crowded and set off the main street not far from the main square in Burano and has a shaded outdoor seating area too.
Favorite Dish: We usaully pick something different but this time we both orderd the spaghetti with asparagus and lobster - good choice, neither of us was disappointed. Not too heavy on a hot afternoon on Burano.
Comparison: about average
We were surprised to find less cafes and restaurants open in the evening on Burano - it seems that lunchtime is more of a busy time for them. Anyway we did enjoy a meal a this cafe/restaurant one evening - very nice BIG steaks too (fish was very popular not surprisingly and looked tasty too).
Service was informal and friendly but it was quite amusing to find that tables were being cleared and put away as we ate - we were the last to finish a meal here and it was by no means later either - probably about 8.30pm!
Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Via B Galuppi
Having had fish the night before I wanted meat and so we went to the restaurant next door to this one (see previous tip) However this looked a great place if you wanted fish - not a lot of other choice ofn the menu and not surprising when you see ts name!
Anyway it looked quite a lively place - a party was booked in here and the jovilaity was going on long after our choice of eaterie had closed up - we'll probably try it out next visit.
Address: Via B Galuppi
More Reviews (13)
sandysmith's Related Pages
Burano Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Burano – colour your soul"
- "Burano - land of thousands colours"
- "United Colours of ....Burano!"
- "Burano - Colourful Little Island of the Lagoon"
- "Colourful Burano"
- "Bold, Beautiful, But Buggy, Burano"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Burano
- Transportation in Burano
- Nightlife in Burano
- Restaurants in Burano
- Shopping in Burano
- Warnings and Dangers in Burano
- See All...
Explore the World
- Watling Island Hotels
- Kampong Mulaut Hotels
- Fort Bragg
- Baki Sahari
- Cochabamba Hotels
- Ilha da Armona Hotels
Badges & Stats in Burano
- 17 Reviews
- 27 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 12 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (113)
Have you been to Burano?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Burano
- Posted in Travel Austria Forum "Re: Information on Ellmau for our..."
- Commented on one of Trekki's Burano travel pages
- Wrote a Review San Francesco del Deserto in Burano Off The Beaten Path
- Uploaded a Photo to "United Colours of ....Burano!"
- updated a Burano Travel Page "United Colours of ....Burano!"
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 110 reviews, 259 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 130 reviews, 166 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Liverpool Intro, 112 reviews, 168 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verona Intro, 101 reviews, 158 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 114 reviews, 133 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rodos (City) Intro, 94 reviews, 148 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santorini Island Intro, 43 reviews, 198 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zermatt Intro, 74 reviews, 117 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dubrovnik Intro, 40 reviews, 148 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sousse Intro, 37 reviews, 149 photos, 1 travelogue