"Was on my Wish List.........." Molveno by sandysmith

Molveno Travel Guide: 20 reviews and 147 photos

From this borrowed pic you can see why!!
Lake Molveno is the largest in Italy lying above 800 metres. This fascinating lake is dominated to the west by the Brenta mountain group and to the east by the Raganella-Gazza massif. It is located right in the territory of the Adamello Brenta Nature Park.

Well finally got here May 2006 and I have to confess a little disappointed with the place :-( The lake looked nothing like the travel brochure picture - in fact the water was low and exposing the shale sides of the lake making it look more like a reservoir. A slight breeze meant no reflection of the pinnacle peaks of the Brenta Dolomites which were partly shrouded in cloud anyway. Oh and it was too early in the season for the cable-car to be running! I'm probabbly doing the place a disservice - I believe there are plenty of fine walks in the area but the town itself lacked the charm and charisma of other resorts for me and I don't think we will be staying here in the future......unless for a day trip for the cable-car in clearer weather ;-)
Well I guess its better to find out on a daty trip rather than booking a longer period of time here.

• Intro Updated May 20, 2006

• effeti's Profile Photo
    May 17, 2006 at 2:30 PM

Oh, no, Sandy.... Not even a reflection!

• sim1's Profile Photo
    May 17, 2006 at 1:57 PM

Oooh :-(( Taken off the wishlist for me now. So sorry to hear it was a disappointment, it looked so beautiful in the brochure!

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Mar 22, 2005 at 11:50 AM

Well, at least you've not been everywhere you want to go. lol

sandysmith

“THank you for the birthday wishes!”

Badges & Stats in Molveno

Have you been to Molveno?

Latest Activity in Molveno