Selva di Val Gardena Transportation Tips by sandysmith Top 5 Page for this destination
Selva di Val Gardena Transportation: 3 reviews and 3 photos
You can fy from the UK to Innsbruck, Verona or Bolzano for shorter transfers. Once there make use of the 7 day Gardena Pass valid for gondolas and chairlifts and buses along the Gardena valley, including:-
1. Cabin lift Ortisei-Alpe di Siusi
2. Chairlift Sole (Alpe di Siusi)
3. Chairlift Ortisei-Rasciesa
4. Cabin lift Ortisei-Furnes-Seceda
5. Chairlift Fermeda-Seceda
6. Chairlift S. Cristina-Monte Pana
7. Chairlift Monte Pana-Mont Sëura
8. Cabin lift S. Cristina-Col Raiser
9. Cabin lift Selva Gardena-Ciampinoi
10. Cabin lift Selva Gardena-Dantercëpies
11. Chairlift Cir (Passo Gardena-Dantercëpies)
12. Cabin lift Passo Sella-Forcella Sassolungo
At approx £30 (during our visit) its excellent value (I had my money's worth after just 3 days) - much cheaper than Switzerland. These are readily available from the central tourist office complete with a hiking map.
For up to date prices check out the website given below
Dave on the chairlift
If you are brave enough take this single chairlift ride from Ortisei up to Raschotz area and glide effortlessly up through the trees to a wonderful panorama at the top.
The chailift has been operating since spring of 1952 and covers in about 15 minutes a height of more than 818m. It opens up lovely hiking possibiliites at the top - we enjoyed the one to Brogles hut (see travelogue for more info) and in the winter there is a sleigh run.
gondola going up
A favourite gondola was the one up to Toni Demetz Rifugio (Sassolungo range) and a hair-raising walk down to the Rif. Vicenza.
The gondolas are moving continuously so you need to be quick to jump on and only have room for 2-3 people each. They looked a bit like upright coffins to us.! The trail then leads around the outside of the Sassolungo to Rif. Comici. Its a bit dicey at first - wear good hiking boots - as even in summer there was snow at the top. More info in the travelogue.
More Reviews (25)
- See All Stations of the Cross
- See All Wood Carving
- See All Friedrich August Weg
- See All Rock Face
sandysmith's Related Pages
Selva di Val Gardena Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "DOLOMITTEN SMITTEN!"
- "The "Dolomites", northern Italy"
- "Beautiful area, I want to go again"
- "skiing/ hiking heritage"
- "Val Gardena - SKI ERS HEAVEN"
- "Eszter's Selva Page"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Selva di Val Gardena
- Hotels in Selva di Val Gardena
- Transportation in Selva di Val Gardena
- Restaurants in Selva di Val Gardena
- Shopping in Selva di Val Gardena
- See All...
Explore the World
- Roswell Hotels
- `Anjar Hotels
- East Peoria Hotels
- Ras Al Khaimah
- Takayama Hotels
- Canon City
- Durham Transportation
- Nagoya Transportation
- South Lake Tahoe Transportation
- By Air
- Hilversum Transportation
- North Sulawesi Province Transportation
- Trat Transportation
- Klaipeda Transportation
- Burundi Transportation
- Land Thüringen Transportation
- Wilmington Transportation
- K'alak'i K'ut'aisi Transportation
Badges & Stats in Selva di Val Gardena
- 28 Reviews
- 66 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 17 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (114)
Have you been to Selva di Val Gardena?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Selva di Val Gardena
- Posted in Travel Austria Forum "Re: Information on Ellmau for our..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Dolomite Winter Wonderland"
- updated a Selva di Val Gardena Travelogue "Dolomite Winter Wonderland"
- Commented on one of chrishc's Selva di Val Gardena travel pages
- Wrote a Review Stations of the Cross in Selva di Val Gardena Things to Do
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 110 reviews, 259 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 130 reviews, 166 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Liverpool Intro, 112 reviews, 168 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verona Intro, 101 reviews, 158 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 114 reviews, 133 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rodos (City) Intro, 94 reviews, 148 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santorini Island Intro, 43 reviews, 198 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zermatt Intro, 74 reviews, 117 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dubrovnik Intro, 40 reviews, 148 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sousse Intro, 37 reviews, 149 photos, 1 travelogue