"Cruising the Brenta to Stra" Top 5 Page for this destination Stra by sandysmith

Stra Travel Guide: 64 reviews and 171 photos

Typical of the scenery on the Brenta Canal as we slowly sailed towards Stra and the amazing Villa Pisani.

In my element at the front of the boat, capturing all those reflections :-)
Such an idlylic day trip - far removed from the heat and bustle of Venice

• Cons:none
  • In a nutshell:a great lazy day trip from Venice
  • Last visit to Stra: Sep 2005
  • Intro Updated Sep 16, 2005

• Trekki's Profile Photo
    Jun 23, 2007 at 7:55 AM

Ah Sandy, same here, I was an idiot not to read your page before I went to V. Brenta villas look amazing, and I will do the tour next time :-) I adore these worn out sculptures in the parks, similar to the ones on Torcello :-)

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Oct 15, 2005 at 1:50 PM

Wonderful page Sandy! And of course I love those reflections :-)) Hahaha, and great tip about that maze, loool, I think I would almost panic not being able to find my way back! Hahaha, I am hopeless with directions ;-)

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    Oct 7, 2005 at 1:38 PM

an excellent page, Sandy ! I visited many of these villas by car, BUT with such a tour-ship it is certainly a lot better ! Maybe next year !!

• Helga67's Profile Photo
    Oct 3, 2005 at 10:27 AM

Lovely reflections of the villa but what a pity you couldn't take pics inside

• Xemx's Profile Photo
    Sep 29, 2005 at 12:41 PM

Nice page and beautiful photos, Sandy! Thanks!

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    Sep 27, 2005 at 2:34 PM

Wonderful reflection! Ciao! 27 sept 2005. A cruise on Brenta River is an experience worth to do I think. Ciao!

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Sep 12, 2005 at 3:25 PM

Oooh, looks like the photos are back and what a reflective gem to come back to. :)

sandysmith

“THank you for the birthday wishes!”

Badges & Stats in Stra