Portmeirion Off The Beaten Path Tips by sandysmith Top 5 Page for this destination
Portmeirion Off The Beaten Path: 2 reviews and 5 photos
Clough Williams-Ellis lived not far from Portmeirion, at his home at Plas Brondanw. This garden can also be visited although we were a bit disappointed with it - seemed a bit neglected and small, rather overpriced for its £3 entry price (money to be left in an honesty box at the gate). The money goes towards upkeep of the gardens - its needed!. The house itself is not open to the public. There were leaftelet advertising it at Portmerion and somebody had mentioned it to us at our hotel that morning too so we were misled into thinking it was worth a visit.. Much quieter than Portmeirion - indeed we were there only ones visiing when we arrived. Really 30 minutes here is more than ample. A you enter a statue of a helmeted fireman holding a hose that is a fountain can be seen.
Plas Brondanw is located at Carreg Llanfrothen. Take the A4085 road from the center of Penrhyndeudraeth towards Beddgelert. Then take a right turn to Croesor (beyond the B4410 crossroad) past a gatehouse archway, following the signposts. The gardens are through double gates on the left about 200 yards up the hill. They are open daily from 9am-5pm.
More Reviews (12)
sandysmith's Related Pages
Portmeirion Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Portmeirion Prisoners"
- "A touch of Italy - In North Wales"
- "PORTMEIRION - ARCHITECTURAL GEM & CULT LOCATION!"
- "Day Trip to the Beach"
- "I am not a Number"
- "In Search of Number Six"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Portmeirion
- Hotels in Portmeirion
- Transportation in Portmeirion
- Restaurants in Portmeirion
- See All...
Explore the World
- Ocean Grove Hotels
- Doheny State Beach Hotels
- Soe Hotels
- Hyattsville Hotels
- Kuressaare Off The Beaten Path
- Punta Cana Off The Beaten Path
- Antwerp Off The Beaten Path
- State of Tamil Nadu Off The Beaten Path
- Hoek van Holland Off The Beaten Path
- Møre og Romsdal Off The Beaten Path
- Bad Tölz Off The Beaten Path
- Hemel Hempstead Off The Beaten Path
- Swamp Tours
- Iffley Road
- Malaysia Off The Beaten Path
Badges & Stats in Portmeirion
- 13 Reviews
- 63 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (114)
Have you been to Portmeirion?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Portmeirion
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Venice Intro, 110 reviews, 259 photos, 7 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Prague Intro, 130 reviews, 166 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Liverpool Intro, 112 reviews, 168 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Verona Intro, 101 reviews, 158 photos, 3 travelogues
- Rome Intro, 114 reviews, 133 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rodos (City) Intro, 94 reviews, 148 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Santorini Island Intro, 43 reviews, 198 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zermatt Intro, 74 reviews, 117 photos, 5 travelogues
- Dubrovnik Intro, 40 reviews, 148 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sousse Intro, 37 reviews, 149 photos, 1 travelogue
FriendsSee All Friends (103)
Latest Portmeirion hotel reviews
- Hotel Portmeirion
- 654 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 7, 2013