"Portmeirion Prisoners" Top 5 Page for this destination Portmeirion by sandysmith

Portmeirion Travel Guide: 34 reviews and 153 photos

Finally got to visit Portmeirion for the first time in March 2007, such an amazing, beautiful place and with the sunshine could almost have been Italy! Even more bizarre was that a prisoner convention was taking place so lots of people dressed in strange clothes enacting scenes from this cult series from the 1960's.

• Pros:unqiue photogenic peninuslar village
  • Cons:crowded in high season
  • In a nutshell:could believe you're almost in Italy!
  • Last visit to Portmeirion: Mar 2007
  • Intro Updated May 13, 2007

• TheWanderingCamel's Profile Photo
    Sep 6, 2008 at 2:13 AM

Portmeiron's somewhere I've always wanted to visit but haven't made it to yet. One day! leyle

• barryg23's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2007 at 10:34 AM

What an unusual sounding town! When the mountains in Snowdonia tire us out we'll visit here to relax.

• steventilly's Profile Photo
    May 13, 2007 at 11:23 AM

Portmerion is indeed lovely, and I was a big fan of the show both originally and when it was repeated in the early 80's. It was grey and miserable when we visited, but it was still worth the trip.

• eddilowe's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2007 at 7:04 AM

Hi Sandy, thanks for stopping by my Snowdonia page. Portmeirion's great, glad you enjoyed it. Lovely pictures on your pages...my camera's memory card ran out after I'd taken about 10 pics when we went :o( memo to self: carry a spare!

• Vulindlela's Profile Photo
    Apr 1, 2007 at 3:35 PM

Nice page! Your right, this does not look like the UK at all, more like Italy.

• sim1's Profile Photo
    Mar 31, 2007 at 5:47 AM

Wonderful page and travelogues Sandy! I can see why this makes you think of Italy! Aaah, and those blue skies! Wonderful! Nature is at least a month behind here, hahaha, but it feels good that we are finally defrosting from winter ;-)

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    Mar 31, 2007 at 5:14 AM

Certainly not what I envision when I think of Wales, including the blue skies! I do remember the Prisoner, it was oddly ahead of its time, especially for a small kid growing up in Philly. lol

• nickandchris's Profile Photo
    Mar 27, 2007 at 3:20 PM

You certainly learnt a lot on your visit. Love the detailed pics.

sandysmith

“THank you for the birthday wishes!”

Badges & Stats in Portmeirion

Have you been to Portmeirion?

Latest Activity in Portmeirion