"Greetings from Valeggio - Euro Meet 2005" Top 5 Page for this destination Valeggio sul Mincio by sandysmith

Valeggio sul Mincio Travel Guide: 573 reviews and 1,753 photos

VT Invasion of Valeggio!

The first Euro VT meet was held here and to mark this grand occasion the King was here to greet us!

Attended by:

Toyin
utttz
Xemx
zumodemango

It was wonderful to meet so many VT'ers - just wished I'd been more organised and researched people's pages more. Even when I got home I was suddenly remembering oh that was such and such a person and I wish I had remembered where they were from and what I had put on their pages! Thats the trouble with such a large group and a relative short space of time - no real time for indepth conversations unfortunately.

However it was a great meeting and after all my deliberations about whether to go I'm glad I did. Not only a great great meeting (reputed to be the biggest and best so far) but a lovely location too. Just 10 minutes away via a Scagliero castle is the delightful hamlet of Borghetto by the Mincio River.

..and just on the outskirts of Valeggio is the beautiful park of Sigurta where the colours of the foliage were stunning.
Well done to the marvellous VT orgamisers for choosing this location:-)

• Pros:italian sunshine, great scenery, great company
  • Cons:too short a stay :-( Missed the bellydancing!
  • In a nutshell:great location for a meeting
  • Last visit to Valeggio sul Mincio: May 2005
  • Intro Updated Jul 23, 2005

• Helga67's Profile Photo
    Jun 8, 2005 at 12:33 PM

Great pics of a lovely town. I can see that the VT meeting was unforgettable. What a pity I couldn't be there.

• irisbe's Profile Photo
    Jun 6, 2005 at 8:01 AM

Sandy your tips and pictures are extremely good! I missed those animals in that park but because it took some about 3 hours to decide to go or not to go, we only saw a small part. great to see it through your pictures!

• HORSCHECK's Profile Photo
    May 14, 2005 at 4:42 PM

Sandy, it was great to meet you again. Fabulous page with brilliant photos. Well done!

• richiecdisc's Profile Photo
    May 14, 2005 at 4:11 AM

Just a sneak peak at the meeting pics and some lovely reflections as usual. I'll be back. I likie my meat too but a cheeseburger when in Italy?! ;)

• dr.firas's Profile Photo
    May 13, 2005 at 3:41 AM

I just adore your page Sandy it is perfect now.. mine is still under construction! Amazing photos of the meeting Sandy :-))) Love all your pictures Sandy... hehe lovebirds indeed :-))) isn't my piccolina wonderful !!!

• globetrott's Profile Photo
    May 12, 2005 at 1:10 PM

Great infos and pics about Valeggio as well as about the meeting ! It was great to finally meet you in person and just a pity time did run out so fast...

• sim1's Profile Photo
    May 12, 2005 at 1:06 PM

Wonderful page Sandy! Your tour through Borghetto and Sigurta made me feel a bit like being there :-) Thanks :-) I love those reflection shots! :-)) But also the waterlillies! Beautiful!

• matcrazy1's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2005 at 1:42 PM

Great pictures both of VT-ers and the town itself... It was really great to meet you and... I think, I have more than 2 pictures of you - well, we came back yesterday at night. Please give me some time haha. Have a great evening.

• Maurizioago's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2005 at 12:23 PM

Oh my God!!! It's me! I hope we will meet soon again. Ciao! I too went down the path from the castle to Borghetto.

• imstress's Profile Photo
    May 11, 2005 at 1:53 AM

thanks for sharing those pics taken at the VT Meet! it was special for us who cant fly all the way there.

sandysmith

“THank you for the birthday wishes!”

Badges & Stats in Valeggio sul Mincio

Have you been to Valeggio sul Mincio?

Latest Activity in Valeggio sul Mincio