"Chamonix-Mt Blanc" Top 5 Page for this destination Chamonix-Mont-Blanc by sandysmith

Chamonix-Mont-Blanc Travel Guide: 322 reviews and 683 photos

The dazzling snow cap and glaciers of Mont Blanc, Europe's highest mountain, provide a magnificent backdrop to the colourful resort of Chamonix.

Summer or winter there are plenty of things to do. There are few places we have been to in both seasons...places have to be special for that..well Chamonix is that kind of place!

• Pros:Great Summer of Winter
  • In a nutshell:great alpine resort
  • Intro Updated Nov 23, 2003

• Beach_dog's Profile Photo
    Feb 20, 2006 at 5:48 AM

Thanks Sandy, the Aiguille du Midi cablecar is getting very high on my must do list. I wonder if Palin covered the Mont Blanc railway in his great railways journeys of the world programme.

• chrishc's Profile Photo
    Oct 28, 2004 at 5:04 AM

Great photos as ever. Skied in La Thuile on the Italian side.

• sylvie-uk's Profile Photo
    Sep 10, 2004 at 2:02 AM

thanks for virtually taking me back to chamonix. my dad has climbed the mont blanc in the summer time and i really do plan to follow his footsteps

• allaboutnice's Profile Photo
    Dec 27, 2003 at 11:06 AM

Wonderful photography and tips. Puts me in the mood for skiing this Feb - although that ski du fond looks too much like hard work to me! I keep returning to your Christmas countdown - I feel as though I'm part of the party :-))

• tpangelinan's Profile Photo
    Nov 23, 2003 at 11:08 AM

Great page, wonderful photos and very helpful information! The ice tunnel looks cool! Great views. :o)

• firechick's Profile Photo
    Oct 21, 2003 at 6:24 PM

Hi Sandy - would you believe the ice cave MELTED this summer??!! Yes, they had to blast it away with dynamite as it was collapsing...guess we'll have to wait and see if it reforms during this winter!

• marcoelectric's Profile Photo
    Sep 23, 2003 at 2:29 AM

FANTASTIC PAGE!!! Ciao, Marco

• patrikske's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2003 at 1:27 PM

I adore the French Alps, great page and lovely pictures, Sandra !

• Azhut's Profile Photo
    Jul 8, 2003 at 5:41 AM

congratulations for you degree.))

• dr.firas's Profile Photo
    Jun 21, 2003 at 2:37 AM

Sandy it's so beautiful!

sandysmith

“THank you for the birthday wishes!”

Badges & Stats in Chamonix-Mont-Blanc

Have you been to Chamonix-Mont-Blanc?

Latest Activity in Chamonix-Mont-Blanc