"Manila’s Little Singapore, Marikina" Marikina by allelli
Marikina Travel Guide: 14 reviews and 101 photos
Marikina is a multi-awarded metropolitan city-often cited for its vibrant economy, a highly skilled and literate workforce, and involved and enlightened business community and a responsive local government that puts a premium on governance, sustainable urban development and public service.
It is the Philippines shoe capital, it produces its world class shoes and other footwear, the shoes were carefully and expertly made, it is a cottage industry where every home had small workshop in there house. The local government is pushing to revive the interest of families to shoe-making, through efforts like the annual shoe designing contest, The World’s Largest Shoe was built here four years ago, certified by the Guinness Book of World Record, it is measures 5.29 meters in length, 2.37 meters in width, 0.486 meters heel height and has an insole with a perimeter measurement of approximately 12 meters.
Shoe Museum was opened it contain 712 pairs of shoes owned by Philippine Former First Lady Imelda Marcos, the museum also contains shoes of former, Philippine presidents, politicians and celebrities.
Marikina also called a Manila’s Little Singapore, because it is livable urban city that prevalent everywhere: paved, well maintained road, clean and green parks filled with playing school children organized biking lanes, vendor free sidewalks and generally healthy and happy residence. The city was the pink of health, this is only place that is color coded, there are lots of pink-colored singed, plus green lines the illustrate cleanliness
A typical old style panciteria, who always full of costumer in all walks of life, serve the best noodles where you can... more travel advice
allelli's Related Pages
Marikina Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Manila’s Little Singapore, Marikina"
- "Marinika, a Valley of Beauty"
- "What comes to mind?"
- "Marikina City"
- "Jumping around a cemetery in Markina, Philippines!"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Marikina
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Marikina?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Marikina
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baguio City Intro, 25 reviews, 32 photos
- Philippines Intro, 17 reviews, 25 photos
- Manila Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos
- Vigan Intro, 9 reviews, 13 photos
- Chiang Mai Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quezon City 9 reviews, 8 photos
- Zhuhai Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- San Juan Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Province of Laguna Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos