"The Heritage City of Vigan" Vigan by allelli
Vigan Travel Guide: 466 reviews and 1,379 photos
Vigan is the best preserved example of a planned Spanish colonial town in Asia it is about 400km from Manila. It is the capital city of Ilocos Sur.Everytime we visit Pagudpod, our 1st stop over from manila is Vigan next to Laoag City When we go to Vigan we always go to plaza Burgos , were nearby are food stalls selling native delicacies such as the my favorite “empanada”. We also recommend to visit Crisologo Museum, a original furnishings of a typical Vigan ancestral house.
One can see precious remnants of old Spanish architecture throughout the center of the city. Established in the 16th century, Old Vigan Colonial Houses – the ancestral houses were built mostly by rich Chinese traders. The great big houses are made of thick brick walls and plastering with red clay. Tile roofs are made to survive earthquakes. The Mestizo district where more than a hundred houses line side by side along Calle Crisologo.You can travel this place by means of callesa.
Along the road going to Vigan you can see this Pasalubong Center where you can buy many pasalubong (present) from near... more travel advice
One of the newer tourist spots in the city of Vigan is the Baluarte. Baluarte is actually the house of Ilocos Sur... more travel advice
allelli's Related Pages
Vigan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "vigan if i can ..."
- "Vigan - that "Spanish" feel.."
- " Nostalgia at VIGAN"
- "A LIITTLE HISTORY"
- "Formed, exceptionally well preserved Spanish town"
- "Back to the 16th century Ilocos"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Vigan
- Hotels in Vigan
- Transportation in Vigan
- Nightlife in Vigan
- Restaurants in Vigan
- Shopping in Vigan
- Warnings and Dangers in Vigan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Vigan
- 9 Reviews
- 13 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 8 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Vigan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Vigan
Photos in ViganSee All Photos (13)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Baguio City Intro, 25 reviews, 32 photos
- Philippines Intro, 17 reviews, 25 photos
- Manila Intro, 12 reviews, 14 photos
- Vigan Intro, 9 reviews, 13 photos
- Chiang Mai Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Quezon City 9 reviews, 8 photos
- Zhuhai Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Hong Kong Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- San Juan Intro, 5 reviews, 8 photos
- Province of Laguna Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos