"The Turkish Island" Heybeliada by BlueLlama
Heybeliada Travel Guide: 3 reviews and 14 photos
Heybeliada was the first of the Adalar, or Prince's Islands, that we visited. Unfortunately we didn't have long as due to the ferry timings but it was enough to see what a pretty place this is.
It's much calmer than Buyukada, the largest and most visited of the group, and when I return to Istanbul I'd probably choose Heybeliada to visit for the day. There's a real sense of stillness and the trees and sky are a beautiful backdrop to this place.
Heybeliada also introduced us to an impression that Buyukada confirmed: if you think you've noticed a lot of crumbling wooden mansions and street cats in Istanbul proper, you've seen nothing until you visit the Adalar. I found it very difficult not to leave with a cat in my bag!
The island has a naval academy - no pictures of that for obvious reasons - and some buildings relating to its Greek culture. Other than that, this is the 'Turkish one' of the Adalar. And Ataturk is, as everywhere else, making his presence felt.
- Pros:Pretty streets, calm atmosphere
- Cons:Not a lot to do
BlueLlama's Related Pages
Heybeliada Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Heybeliada a short stopover"
- ""BIZ HER GECE HEYBELI'DE MEHTABA CIKARDIK....""
- "Heybeliada( Chalki )--Prince Islands--Istanbul"
- "The Turkish Island"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Heybeliada
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (11)
Have you been to Heybeliada?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Heybeliada
Top 10 Pages
- Rethymno Intro, 16 reviews, 49 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bari Intro, 10 reviews, 40 photos, 3 travelogues
- Ostuni Intro, 3 reviews, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Torino Intro, 11 reviews, 34 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lecce Intro, 8 reviews, 37 photos, 4 travelogues
- Reims Intro, 6 reviews, 22 photos, 1 travelogue
- Cisternino Intro, 5 reviews, 22 photos, 2 travelogues
- Heraklion Intro, 3 reviews, 17 photos
- Sibiu Intro, 5 reviews, 14 photos
- Otranto Intro, 4 reviews, 15 photos