"MOST MODERN- DUBAI" Dubai by maztek
Dubai Travel Guide: 3,918 reviews and 11,396 photos
Dubai is one of the seven states which make up the United Arab Emirates. Dubai has a long-standing trading tradition that has brought visitors from throughout the Middle East and neighbouring regions. Today, Dubai plays host to an increasing number of visitors from the West and the Far East. The city attracts travellers seeking something new and different, offering international facilities combined with the adventure of the Middle East, and exotic destination with a cosmopolitan lifestyle. Dubai is also the undisputed "sports capital of the Middle East", hosting world class international events that attract some of the biggest names in their respective sports, whether in golf, tennis, horse racing, rallying powerboating, rugby, or sailing.
Historically speaking Dubai began as a small fishing settlement. Around 1830 the settlement was taken over by a branch of the Bani Yas tribe from the Liwa Oasis led by the Maktoum family who still rule the Emirate today. The Burj al Arab is an impressive hotel which is rated as 7 stars and is built on a man made island. It can be seen as you enter the city from the West and its unmistakable palm tree like shape cannot be missed. Another place to visit is the gold souq (bazaar) where you can see storefronts lined up one after the other with gold jewelry everywhere.
A very modern city of UAE. it enable you to see all sorts of life. You require lot of time and money to spend.
Al Fahidi Fort, which houses the Dubai Museum, is another imposing building. It once guarded the city’s landward... more travel advice
Golf in the Dubai is unique. Where else can you play a desert course where you play on 'browns' not greens? Or play at... more travel advice
maztek's Related Pages
Dubai Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "DUBAI - A HOTCHPOTCH OF CULTURES"
- "Dynamic, ever-changing, friendly, exciting..."
- "Dubai...In A Fast Moving Phase"
- "Dubai Jewel of the Gulf"
- "Dubai is ......Dubai!"
- "A hot time in Dubai town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dubai
- Hotels in Dubai
- Transportation in Dubai
- Nightlife in Dubai
- Restaurants in Dubai
- Shopping in Dubai
- Warnings and Dangers in Dubai
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dubai
- 5 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Dubai?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dubai
Top 10 Pages
- Kuala Lumpur Intro, 8 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Islamabad Intro, 9 reviews, 22 photos
- Pakistan Intro, 11 reviews, 15 photos
- Dubai Intro, 5 reviews, 12 photos
- Sialkot Intro, 7 reviews, 7 photos
- Muzaffarabad Intro, 4 reviews, 7 photos
- Medina Intro, 2 reviews, 8 photos
- Rohtas Intro, 5 reviews, 5 photos
- Mecca Intro, 1 review, 7 photos
- Genting Intro, 1 review, 6 photos