"A neverending poem" Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul Ili by muratkorman

Istanbul Ili Travel Guide: 8,535 reviews and 22,723 photos

The poetic city and more...

There is so much to write about the city I was born in. And sometimes you realise words don't suffice to express how you feel. Istanbul is like a poem which you can't tell where it begins or ends. Every street you stroll, every corner you turn, is like a new verse to it. Although I have an extensive Istanbul page, I decided to create some brief pages to fill some gaps in Istanbul area and share my experience with more VT members. Here you can find general tips and useful information to enjoy your stay in Istanbul. Things to do, nightlife, shopping and restaurant reviews are all waiting for you to check at my ISTANBUL page. I hope you enjoy my pages as well as the poetic Istanbul...

City of unforgettable sunsets

The sunsets of Istanbul are not to be missed. You can also enjoy fishing while you enjoy the beautiful sunsets just like me.

City for photography

If you like taking pictures, you will enjoy Istanbul which offers so many different angles for photography.

• Pros:Rich history and cuisine
  • Cons:Chaotic traffic !!!
  • In a nutshell:A unique city located on 2 continents
  • Last visit to Istanbul Ili: Feb 2013
  • Intro Updated Feb 4, 2013

• alza's Profile Photo
    7 hours ago

Congratulations Murat, on becoming a fresh Dad! Best wishes also to mother and son. From lou in Montréal.

• starship's Profile Photo
    Mar 27, 2014 at 5:26 AM

thank you for sharing this very helpful and useful information about your city! I was able to visit Istanbul for 2 days some years ago, but I hope to return one day.

• muratkorman's Profile Photo
      Mar 27, 2014 at 6:01 AM

Thanks for the compliments. Make sure you check my Istanbul page as well. Some restaurants and other attractions are not to be missed :)

• i-s-a's Profile Photo
    Sep 22, 2013 at 6:04 AM

Helpful tips! Will be visiting your other Turkey pages for more. Thanks!

• muratkorman's Profile Photo
      Sep 22, 2013 at 10:32 PM

Thank you. Make sure you check my other Istanbul page for things to do, transportation and restaurants...

• i-s-a's Profile Photo
      Sep 22, 2013 at 10:42 PM

Yes I will. Would like to try the local food and see/experience as much of Turkey as possible. Thanks again!

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo
    Jul 20, 2012 at 6:12 PM

Murat, thank you for some great tips and photos. I visited Istanbul many years ago. I still remember the Topkapi and the great museums. I shall have to visit again! One point you made, and i found it to be so beautifully true is how essential hospitality is. What a beautiful tradition!

• alza's Profile Photo
    May 2, 2011 at 12:15 AM

Tesekkür ederim, Murat. Good advice here. Beautiful table with food presentation! I'm recommending your page to a friend going to Istanbul. Best.

muratkorman Was Born Here!

muratkorman

“As a fresh dad, I'll make sure my son will travel more than I have...”

Badges & Stats in Istanbul Ili

Have you been to Istanbul Ili?

Latest Activity in Istanbul Ili