"Where my heart beats just like home" Rome by muratkorman
Rome Travel Guide: 11,958 reviews and 26,425 photos
When I first visited Rome, I felt so comfortable in this beautiful city. It just felt like I was here before and I lived in here. Rome and my hometown Istanbul have many things in common and that could be one of the reasons. In any case, I somehow feel connected to this city and I use every chance to visit.
If you enjoy architecture and history, Rome offers impressive examples all around the city. You are likely to come across a beautiful fountain or a nice statue just around the corner. In Rome, history and architecture are so well preserved that you can easily imagine yourself walking on the streets of Roman Empire Era.
Having friends living in Rome is such a blessing. Pinar whom I met in Milan when I was working there, moved to Rome a few years ago and now she is living there with her husband Robbert. They have visited us both in Budapest and in Singapore and we visited them in Rome.
- Pros:Impressive architecture, beautiful city, nice food, friendly locals.
- Cons:Can't think of any.
If you prefer walking back from Vatican to Piazza Navona, Castel Sant' Angelo could be a good place to stop. The tomb of... more travel advice
This amazing monument reminds me of a big white cake. Just go up the stairs and you can see some nice panaromic view of... more travel advice
muratkorman's Related Pages
Rome Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "R O M E"
- "TO THE SOURCES OF MY CULTURE AND HISTORY."
- "Roma - Città Eterna"
- "Roma, una citta stupenda"
- "Rome : A Surpise Around Every Corner"
- "Awestruck in Rome"
- "The world's biggest open air museum?"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rome
- Hotels in Rome
- Transportation in Rome
- Nightlife in Rome
- Restaurants in Rome
- Shopping in Rome
- Warnings and Dangers in Rome
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rome
- 8 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 20 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Rome?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rome
Photos in RomeSee All Photos (26)
Top 10 Pages
- Istanbul Intro, 135 reviews, 285 photos
- Budapest Intro, 89 reviews, 213 photos
- Singapore Intro, 85 reviews, 180 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 31 reviews, 119 photos, 1 travelogue
- Beijing Intro, 30 reviews, 98 photos
- Seoul Intro, 22 reviews, 76 photos
- Angkor Wat Intro, 17 reviews, 73 photos
- Milan Intro, 35 reviews, 53 photos
- Prague Intro, 21 reviews, 63 photos
- Shanghai Shi Intro, 16 reviews, 66 photos