"Where my heart beats just like home" Rome by muratkorman

Rome Travel Guide: 11,967 reviews and 26,456 photos

Love at first sight :)

When I first visited Rome, I felt so comfortable in this beautiful city. It just felt like I was here before and I lived in here. Rome and my hometown Istanbul have many things in common and that could be one of the reasons. In any case, I somehow feel connected to this city and I use every chance to visit.

The famous capitol of Roman Empire

If you enjoy architecture and history, Rome offers impressive examples all around the city. You are likely to come across a beautiful fountain or a nice statue just around the corner. In Rome, history and architecture are so well preserved that you can easily imagine yourself walking on the streets of Roman Empire Era.

Friends in Rome

Having friends living in Rome is such a blessing. Pinar whom I met in Milan when I was working there, moved to Rome a few years ago and now she is living there with her husband Robbert. They have visited us both in Budapest and in Singapore and we visited them in Rome.

• Pros:Impressive architecture, beautiful city, nice food, friendly locals.
  • Cons:Can't think of any.
  • Last visit to Rome: Sep 2006
  • Intro Updated Mar 26, 2008

• GentleSpirit's Profile Photo
    Jul 30, 2012 at 5:36 AM

I enjoyed seeing your pages about rome, i had to laugh since some of teh photos were taken in exactly the same place and same angle as my photos (which i will be posting soon.) did you get to watch any football in italy?

muratkorman

“As a fresh dad, I'll make sure my son will travel more than I have...”

Badges & Stats in Rome