"Ex-capital of Ottoman Empire" Top 5 Page for this destination Edirne by muratkorman
Edirne Travel Guide: 82 reviews and 471 photos
Edirne has been an important city during Ottoman era. It used to be the capital for a certain period. It was the starting point when the Ottoman army was moving to Europe. Amazing architectural masterpieces such as mosques are located in Edirne due to this reason. When we talk about the current status of Edirne, it continues to be a very important city as it has borders with Greece and Bulgaria. We had a daily visit to Edirne with my wife and we have been impressed with what the city offers. I will share my impressions in my tips.
This old covered market has been built by Mimar Sinan in the 16th century. It can be considered similar to the Grand... more travel advice
Arasta Market was built in the late 16th century during Sultan Murat III era. The market could be used as an entrance to... more travel advice
muratkorman's Related Pages
Edirne Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Edirne – former capital of Ottoman Empire"
- "Edirne: the Second Capital of the Ottoman Empire"
- "Edirne - Near the Bulgarian border"
- "Ex-capital of Ottoman Empire"
- "Edirne (Adrianople), between Asia and Europe"
- "The old Adrianopolis"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Edirne
- Hotels in Edirne
- Transportation in Edirne
- Nightlife in Edirne
- Restaurants in Edirne
- Shopping in Edirne
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Edirne
- 13 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Edirne?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Edirne
Photos in EdirneSee All Photos (37)
Videos in EdirneSee All Videos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul Intro, 137 reviews, 288 photos
- Budapest Intro, 89 reviews, 213 photos
- Singapore Intro, 84 reviews, 177 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 31 reviews, 119 photos, 1 travelogue
- Beijing Intro, 30 reviews, 98 photos
- Seoul Intro, 22 reviews, 76 photos
- Angkor Wat Intro, 17 reviews, 73 photos
- Milan Intro, 35 reviews, 53 photos
- Prague Intro, 21 reviews, 63 photos
- Shanghai Shi Intro, 16 reviews, 67 photos