Istanbul Shopping Tips by muratkorman Top 5 Page for this destination
Istanbul Shopping: 315 reviews and 564 photos
Sapphire shopping mall is located inside Sapphire building which is the highest in Istanbul and Turkey with 261 meters. The total shopping area is 51000 m2 with 134 shops. The car par has a capacity of 1050 vehicles. Besides the shopping mall where you can enjoy shopping or dining, you can also enjoy an amazing Istanbul panaroma from the Sapphire Terrace. You can find more details on that in my Istanbul things to do tips.
Address: Eski Büyükdere Cad. No:1/1, 4. Levent
Phone: +90 212 268 80 80
Istinye Park has been officially opened on 19 October 2007. There are around 300 shops and 90000 m2 shopping area as well as a car park with a capacity of 3200 vehicles. It is one of the biggest shopping mall in European side of Istanbul. There are many restaurants and various shops.
Address: Istinye Bayiri Cad No: 73 Sariyer
Phone: +90 (212) 345 55 55
Located in one of the most elegant places in Istanbul, City's shopping mall is one of the newest. Having some high profile shops such as Versace Jeans, Jeans Paul Gauitier, Class Roberto Cavalli, as well as Trussardi, Baldinini, Cerutti, Pal Zileri, Pura Lopez, Point Zero, Cache Cache, Nike Woman, Lush, John Galliano, John Richmond and many more. The fifth floor is the restaurant area where you can indulge yourself with elegant dining.
Address: Tesvikiye Caddesi
Phone: (90) 212 324 52 22
You can come across a BIM supermarket at any corner in istanbul. Although it is a budget supermarket, there is enough variety of products. If you are looking for a cheap supermarket shopping, you should try BIM.
Directions: Check the website for BIM supermarkets in Istanbul
Gima has many supermarkets in Istanbul. Although they are not as common as Migros supermarkets, the prices are more reasonable compared to Migros. The variety of products are quite wide, but Migros beats Gima when compared.
Directions: Check website link for Gima supermarkets in Istanbul
Migros is the biggest supermarket chain in Turkey. Naturally, you can come across many Migros supermarkets around Istanbul. The supermarkets are rated with M, MM or MMM depending on the variety of products. MMM Migros supermarkets have the widest range of products. Especially for foreigners looking for something not available everywhere, Migros could be a good option to find it. However, the prices are a bit more expensive compared to other supermarket chains in Istanbul.
Address: All around Istanbul
Directions: Check website for nearest Migros supermarket
Besiktas fish market is quite a nice and large one compared to some other fish markets. It is located in the middle of shopping area of Besiktas and this attracts more people here. There are also some fish restaurants nearby, but not many in number. You can always find fresh fish in this market.
Address: Besiktas Balik Pazari
Theme: Food and Drink
Beyoglu Balik Pazari is more than just a fish market. It is also an area for lots of fish restaurants and entertainment places. In fact, most people come there for food and fun rather than buying fish. In any case, you can find fresh fish sold in many stalls. In the evening, the streets will be very crowded because of nightlife.
Directions: Walk through Istiklal street from Taksim and before coming to Galatasaray, the entrance is on the right beside Cicek Pasaji.
Theme: Food and Drink
Fresh vegetables in the local market
Imagine a local market where you can find fresh fruits, vegetables, fish, clothes and many more. Istanbul provides this option in many places. Once a week, the market is established in between the streets which are designated for this purpose. It starts early in the morning until it gets dark. Unfortunately, there is not a guide I know of, which lists where and when these markets operate so it all depends on your luck if you come across one.
What to buy: If you look for fresh fruits and vegetables, these markets are the best. Since the items are daily bought and sold, you can rely more on the freshness rather than a supermarket or a grocery.
What to pay: Usually the prices are cheaper than supermarkets. You also have the possibility to bargain.
Address: Various places in Istanbul
Carousel is located in Bakirkoy and it was opened in 1995. It has around 120 stores of international and local brands. One of the most interesting point of this shopping mall is the carousel operating in the center with 36 horses to ride on. Of course this is where the name comes from. Bakirkoy is a very crowded town and Carousel receives a lot of visitors everyday.
Address: Halit Ziya Usakligil Cad. No:1 Bakirköy
Phone: +90 212 570 84 34
More Reviews (119)
muratkorman's Related Pages
Istanbul Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "STROLLING THROUGH ISTANBUL"
- "The only city in the world build in 2 continents"
- "Istanbul not/and Constantinople"
- "istanbul tips"
- "My Beloved Istanbul"
- "Beauty, Culture, & History - All In One Place!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Istanbul
- Hotels in Istanbul
- Transportation in Istanbul
- Nightlife in Istanbul
- Restaurants in Istanbul
- Shopping in Istanbul
- Warnings and Dangers in Istanbul
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Istanbul
- 137 Reviews
- 288 Photos
- 402 Forum posts
- 19 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Istanbul?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Istanbul
- updated a Istanbul Travel Page "My Beloved Istanbul"
- Posted in Travel Istanbul Forum "Re: Where to stay?"
- Commented on one of muratkorman's Istanbul tips
- Wrote a Review Great meat, breathtaking view about Temenye Et in Istanbul Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Great meat, breathtaking view"
- Uploaded a Video to Istanbul
Photos in IstanbulSee All Photos (288)
Videos in IstanbulSee All Videos (9)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul Intro, 137 reviews, 288 photos
- Budapest Intro, 89 reviews, 213 photos
- Singapore Intro, 84 reviews, 177 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 31 reviews, 119 photos, 1 travelogue
- Beijing Intro, 30 reviews, 98 photos
- Seoul Intro, 22 reviews, 76 photos
- Angkor Wat Intro, 17 reviews, 73 photos
- Milan Intro, 35 reviews, 53 photos
- Prague Intro, 21 reviews, 63 photos
- Shanghai Shi Intro, 16 reviews, 67 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (43)
- Hagia Sophia - Ayia Sofia - Ayasofya- 300 Reviews, 735 Photos
- Topkapi Palace- 277 Reviews, 656 Photos
- Blue Mosque - Sultan Ahmed Mosque- 254 Reviews, 565 Photos
- Basilica Cistern - Yerebatan Saray- 124 Reviews, 266 Photos
- Dolmabahce Palace- 102 Reviews, 242 Photos
- Galata Tower- 99 Reviews, 234 Photos
- Grand Bazaar - Kapali Çarsi- 113 Reviews, 195 Photos
- Suleymaniye Mosque- 75 Reviews, 178 Photos
- Hippodrome - Atmaydani- 65 Reviews, 131 Photos
- Istiklal Caddesi- 52 Reviews, 134 Photos
See All Istanbul Things to Do