"A multi-cultural port city" Melaka by muratkorman
Melaka Travel Guide: 1,836 reviews and 4,837 photos
Melaka is a port city which has been influenced from Portugese, Dutch, English, Chinese and Malays. As a result, a colourful multi-cultural city it has become. Being only 3 hours driving distance from Singapore makes it attractive to many Singaporeans. I also used my chance of being close to Melaka and paid a visit for a weekend. Nice food, friendly people, shopping and good memories to bring back home with us.
My second visit to Melaka was thanks to a friendly waterpolo tournament. It was almost 15 years ago when I had my last weekend tournament away from home and this trip to Melaka was a pure nostalgia. You see the team picture of Queenstown from Singapore with me somewhere in the middle.
I was in Holiday Inn with my waterpolo team mates. All of us enjoyed the comfort of the rooms and the walking distance... more travel advice
Maritime museum is very related to the history of Melaka being a port city. The cultural diversity here owes a lot to... more travel advice
muratkorman's Related Pages
Melaka Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Yeow Kwee (Glutton) in Melaka"
- "Melaka - The Historical City of Malaysia"
- "Historical Town of Melaka (Malacca)"
- "malacca, a smal historical city"
- "My Melaka"
- "More than a Historical Town - Home to Baba Nyonya"
- "Melaka - Malaysia's historical centre"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Melaka
- Hotels in Melaka
- Transportation in Melaka
- Nightlife in Melaka
- Restaurants in Melaka
- Shopping in Melaka
- Warnings and Dangers in Melaka
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Melaka
- 13 Reviews
- 45 Photos
- 9 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (14)
Have you been to Melaka?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Melaka
Photos in MelakaSee All Photos (45)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Istanbul Intro, 137 reviews, 288 photos
- Budapest Intro, 89 reviews, 213 photos
- Singapore Intro, 84 reviews, 177 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 31 reviews, 119 photos, 1 travelogue
- Beijing Intro, 30 reviews, 98 photos
- Seoul Intro, 22 reviews, 76 photos
- Angkor Wat Intro, 17 reviews, 73 photos
- Milan Intro, 35 reviews, 53 photos
- Prague Intro, 21 reviews, 63 photos
- Shanghai Shi Intro, 16 reviews, 67 photos