VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Rachel972's profile photo

Rachel972

Rachel Online Now
Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--of cabbages and kings

My Favorite Pages

Destination Pages

Train trip Bergen-Geilo for the mountain views

Tours and Activities, Bergen, Norway
Things to Do

Lysebotn

Destination Pages

Don't step on the lawn !

Saint Petersburg, Russia
Local Customs

Astypalea

Prefecture of the Dodecanese Islands, Greece
General

Travel Map

jojes's Profile Photo
jojes Jan 2, 2017 at 8:16 AM

To all my VT friends out here
I hope you?ll have a fantastic new year.
A year with lots of happiness and joy
and of course some travel to enjoy!
But above all good health
because that?s still our greatest wealth!

Happy 2017!

Odiseya's Profile Photo
Odiseya Jan 1, 2017 at 3:44 AM

Happy New Year! I wish you all the Best! Happy Travels too!

Rachel972 Jan 1, 2017 at 5:58 AM

Happy New Year Alexandra! We're sitting at the computers to plan our travels. How about you?

• Odiseya's Profile Photo
    Odiseya Jan 1, 2017 at 6:05 AM

I work on my travel memories now. I planning to travel more within my country and for that I follow local cultural calendar and find information about public transportation. Two time for travel abroad is May Day holidays (1st and 2nd May and following weekend) and summer and I planing to do something special and I still work on those plans.

jojes's Profile Photo
jojes Dec 26, 2016 at 11:44 PM

Hi Rachel. Sorry for this very belated message (a lot going on here), but still: happy birthday!

Rachel972 Dec 27, 2016 at 7:33 AM

Thanks Jessika. You just reminded me that we never did the trip to Austria which I planned with your tips. It's time! We've been in Vienna since, but that's not the same at all.

• jojes's Profile Photo
    jojes Dec 27, 2016 at 8:54 AM

The mountains are wonderful. Due to 1,5 week Denmark/Faroe islands and a month South Africa, we didn't make it to Austria this year, but we really missed it! (oh, if only we had more days off)

Minceta's Profile Photo
Minceta Dec 26, 2016 at 5:03 AM

Hi, Rachel! With delay, I would like to wish you a VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY AND A YEAR FULL OF EXCITING TRIPS!

Rachel972 Dec 26, 2016 at 6:34 AM

Thanks, Jasmina! We have a long spell of rain, unusual in Israel. So I'm staying at home at the computer, VT travelling. At last our garden gets watered. We stopped watering in the summers because of the very high price of water, we've even been charged one year back without getting a notice in advance.

evaanna's Profile Photo
evaanna Dec 22, 2016 at 1:43 AM

Many Happy Returns, Rachel! Many happy travels too! Sorry about the delay but I am seldom on VT nowadays. Greetings from Poland.

Rachel972 Dec 22, 2016 at 8:22 AM

Thanks Ewa, lets hope all the returns will be happy.

kenHuocj's Profile Photo
kenHuocj Dec 21, 2016 at 3:44 AM

Is it not incredibke how quickly Birthdays return, all the best fir the year ahead Rachel ;;-)))

Rachel972 Dec 21, 2016 at 6:25 AM

Thanks, Ken. The birthdays return faster every year, when each year is a smaller part of our lives.

hunterV's Profile Photo
hunterV Dec 20, 2016 at 12:44 AM

Boker tov, Rachel! Happy birthday to you!

Treshi's Profile Photo
Treshi Dec 20, 2016 at 12:36 AM

Happy B'day Rachel, have a blessed b'day!!

Rachel972 Dec 23, 2016 at 9:54 PM

Thanks! except when we're traveling, I hear interesting lectures three times a week. They're not supposed to be for retired people, but who else has free time at 10-12 in the morning? Learning new things, of course including travel, keeps the mind fresh.

• Treshi's Profile Photo
    Treshi Dec 26, 2016 at 11:44 PM

Of course, never too late or old to learn and explore, stay well and happy dear Rachel!!

alza's Profile Photo
alza Dec 19, 2016 at 1:31 PM

Happy Birthday Rachel!
Next year's just around the corner & I see that you might go back to Portugal. Lucky you! So much of interest to see there.
Wishing you all your favourite things + health & good shape to travel wherever your heart takes you.

Rachel972 Dec 19, 2016 at 10:05 PM

Thanks! At the moment we're looking at the Norway coast instead of eating breakfast.<br/><br/>

roamer61's Profile Photo
roamer61 Dec 19, 2016 at 8:54 AM

Hi Rachel. Happy Birthday.