"Welcome To My World" Bella36's Profile

All About Me!

I am quite a new member to the VT site and having great fun discovering all it's possibilities. My real name is Paulette and I am a happily divorced, fairly mature (in years if not in attitude!) Senior Nurse and also a part-time Craft teacher at a local Adult Education Centre.

I love to travel and am determined to do so - after years of being married to someone who never wanted to leave his conservatory! I have discovered that I don't mind travelling alone and am getting far more adventurous in my holiday choices now. However I think I can safely say that I am not a "budget hotel" kind of girl! I do like a bit of luxury!

I think I am so lucky to live in a beautiful part of the world and I am very proud to be Welsh. Cardiff is the capital city of Wales and is a very young and vibrant place with great shopping, a huge Bayside development of upmarket restaurants, clubs and apartments and the heritage of Castles, Parks and the Welsh language and culture.

2006 - The Year Of Living Dangerously!

This was the year that I decided to change me. After a traumatic few years of divorce, money troubles and boredom with my job and life, I thought it was now or never!

I bought a computer, changed my job, moved to a new flat and went on a Singles Holiday to Italy that made me some wonderful new friends. I feel like a new person and life has No Limits for me now!

I do love Italy - the beautiful countryside, the pasta, the wine and the people. I have been to Lake Garda four times, Lake Como, Lake Maggiore, Venice, Verona and Sorrento and plan to do some Travel Pages on these places soon. My top tip for visiting Lake Garda would have to be to visit a little lakeside village called Lazise - while not as well known to tourists as some of the other places around the lakeside, this place is truly a little gem.
An old walled Venetian town with hidden little shops, fabulous trattorias, and a stunning lakeside setting. A secret the Italians like to keep to themselves!

Las Vegas Baby!!!

Much as I love Italy, my number one holiday has to be Las Vegas. There is nowhere like it on Earth and you either fall in love with it instantly or you hate it forever. I LOVE IT! Where else can you shop in a Roman Forum, eat a wonderful meal at the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris, be serenaded by a Gondolier as you drift along a Venetian canal, watch fountains dance to music at Bellagio, see a volcanic eruption at Mirage and then visit the natural magnificence of the Grand Canyon? Only in Vegas!

My favourite hotel is The Venetian. It is simply WOW! I also love Bellagio and the "new kid on the block" The Wynn - but for me nothing comes close to The Venetian.

Travel Plans 2007

June - Waterford, Ireland.

July - Barcelona, Spain.

Sept/Oct - 5 week trip to Singapore, Australia and Thailand.

• Intro Updated May 29, 2007

• SabrinaSummerville's Profile Photo
    Jan 20, 2010 at 2:56 AM

Happy birthday Paulette. I hope all is well with you.

• pattypoo's Profile Photo
    Jun 14, 2008 at 10:35 AM

How is life a year later Paulette?hope everything is going well for you.

• Alex_71's Profile Photo
    Mar 4, 2008 at 8:00 AM

hi..did u like Montecatini?

• cutiepadger's Profile Photo
    Feb 17, 2008 at 8:38 AM

Hello Bella, I would like some advice, my husband and I are coming down to Cardiff for the Bruce Springsteen Concert in 14th June and I have spent all day trying to get accommodation with no luck at all.........ANY SUGGESTIONS.. Regards Lesley

• imlikeabird's Profile Photo
    Jun 19, 2007 at 6:55 AM

Hi Bella. I agree with you that Vegas is the #1 place to go, but Italy is so very beautiful. Hope you have a great year with these new positive changes in your life. Happy travels!

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!
Bella36's Profile Photo

Bella36

“Travel broadens the mind and empties the purse!”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.