"mY SwEeT hOme- PHILIPPINES" jivanne96's Profile
Mabuhay! It means WELCOME! in my native language which is Tagalog. I have been out of my country for five years to work in the Middle East but I always visit there whenever I get the chance. As my homepage title says, " there is no really place like home". The government called us OFW (overseas Filipino worker) or the live heroes of the Philippines. Maybe you will feel huh...yes because of the dollars we are remitting back home. Most of the Filipinos working out of their country are breadwinner of the family. So they really work hard to give a good life for their family back home. So it's really a fruit of love and labor. So next time you bumped a Filipino in your country, always keep in mind how it is hard for them to be in another country sacrifising for their love ones back home.
My homepage will explain some myths,facts, culture, tradition about me and Filipinos...so hang on there....
Kamusta? - How are you?
Ako ay mabuti - I am good.
Ano pangalan mo? - What is your name?
Ang pangalan ko ay Cecilia - My name is Cecilia.
Ako ay maganda - I am beautiful.
Ako ay guapo - I am handsome.
Salamat- Thank you
Walang anuman - You are welcome
Saan ka nakatira - Where are you living?
Magkano? - How much?
So try to learn those basic phrase as when you visit to Philippines my countrymen will be delighted to hear you speaking it. But you don't worry most of the Pilipino how to speak English.
Our color is brown. We call it Kayumanggi. There is a myth about it that goes like this. God made the people. He made it by baking them. First bake, He pulled out not on time, so it was not properly baked. That is how white people made. Then He tried once more, but this time He forgot the time and it was burned. Thus, the black people came. And so God got upse and said to Himself this time HE is going to be careful. So He baked the third set and watched it. So the brown people came out and that is us Pilipinos.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 28 Reviews
- 176 Photos
- 3 Countries
- 5 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- Posted in Travel Bangkok Forum "Bangkok Airport"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Yacht Cruise"
- jivanne96 and conimarie are now friends.
- Commented on Waalewiener's profile page
- updated a Dubai Travel Page "MARHABA"
updated their Profile Page "mY SwEeT hOme- PHILIPPINES"
- Wrote a Review Al Ain Zoo in Al `Ayn Things to Do
- Uploaded a Video to World
Top 5 Pages
- Dubai Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pune Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Goa Intro, 6 reviews, 19 photos
- Legazpi Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Sharjah Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22200 Reviews - 54009 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15557 Reviews - 30993 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3082 Reviews - 5778 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23039 Reviews - 47275 Photos
- Myrtle Beach Hotels
- 319 Reviews - 425 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 11942 Reviews - 26476 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 1912 Reviews - 4527 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1930 Reviews - 3719 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8369 Reviews - 17097 Photos
- Toronto Hotels
- 4277 Reviews - 8800 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 325 Reviews - 885 Photos
- Panama City Beach Hotels
- 193 Reviews - 288 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7702 Reviews - 19813 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2421 Reviews - 6530 Photos
- Melbourne Hotels
- 3342 Reviews - 7500 Photos