"mY SwEeT hOme- PHILIPPINES" jivanne96's Profile
Mabuhay! It means WELCOME! in my native language which is Tagalog. I have been out of my country for five years to work in the Middle East but I always visit there whenever I get the chance. As my homepage title says, " there is no really place like home". The government called us OFW (overseas Filipino worker) or the live heroes of the Philippines. Maybe you will feel huh...yes because of the dollars we are remitting back home. Most of the Filipinos working out of their country are breadwinner of the family. So they really work hard to give a good life for their family back home. So it's really a fruit of love and labor. So next time you bumped a Filipino in your country, always keep in mind how it is hard for them to be in another country sacrifising for their love ones back home.
My homepage will explain some myths,facts, culture, tradition about me and Filipinos...so hang on there....
Kamusta? - How are you?
Ako ay mabuti - I am good.
Ano pangalan mo? - What is your name?
Ang pangalan ko ay Cecilia - My name is Cecilia.
Ako ay maganda - I am beautiful.
Ako ay guapo - I am handsome.
Salamat- Thank you
Walang anuman - You are welcome
Saan ka nakatira - Where are you living?
Magkano? - How much?
So try to learn those basic phrase as when you visit to Philippines my countrymen will be delighted to hear you speaking it. But you don't worry most of the Pilipino how to speak English.
Our color is brown. We call it Kayumanggi. There is a myth about it that goes like this. God made the people. He made it by baking them. First bake, He pulled out not on time, so it was not properly baked. That is how white people made. Then He tried once more, but this time He forgot the time and it was burned. Thus, the black people came. And so God got upse and said to Himself this time HE is going to be careful. So He baked the third set and watched it. So the brown people came out and that is us Pilipinos.
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 28 Reviews
- 176 Photos
- 3 Countries
- 5 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
- jivanne96 and PhilG35 are now friends.
- Posted in Travel Bangkok Forum "Bangkok Airport"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Yacht Cruise"
- Commented on Waalewiener's profile page
- updated a Dubai Travel Page "MARHABA"
updated their Profile Page "mY SwEeT hOme- PHILIPPINES"
- Wrote a Review Al Ain Zoo in Al `Ayn Things to Do
- Uploaded a Video to World
Top 5 Pages
- Dubai Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pune Intro, 5 reviews, 23 photos, 1 travelogue
- Goa Intro, 6 reviews, 19 photos
- Legazpi Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Sharjah Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- Paris Hotels
- 22459 Reviews - 54964 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2699 Reviews - 7919 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23314 Reviews - 48908 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15642 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2025 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 780 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3092 Reviews - 5855 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12023 Reviews - 26760 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2058 Reviews - 3874 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7828 Reviews - 20233 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22905 Photos
- Las Vegas Hotels
- 8419 Reviews - 17290 Photos