"mY SwEeT hOme- PHILIPPINES" jivanne96's Profile

PINAY AKO

Mabuhay! It means WELCOME! in my native language which is Tagalog. I have been out of my country for five years to work in the Middle East but I always visit there whenever I get the chance. As my homepage title says, " there is no really place like home". The government called us OFW (overseas Filipino worker) or the live heroes of the Philippines. Maybe you will feel huh...yes because of the dollars we are remitting back home. Most of the Filipinos working out of their country are breadwinner of the family. So they really work hard to give a good life for their family back home. So it's really a fruit of love and labor. So next time you bumped a Filipino in your country, always keep in mind how it is hard for them to be in another country sacrifising for their love ones back home.
My homepage will explain some myths,facts, culture, tradition about me and Filipinos...so hang on there....

Basic Pilipino Phrase

Kamusta? - How are you?
Ako ay mabuti - I am good.
Ano pangalan mo? - What is your name?
Ang pangalan ko ay Cecilia - My name is Cecilia.
Ako ay maganda - I am beautiful.
Ako ay guapo - I am handsome.
Salamat- Thank you
Walang anuman - You are welcome
Saan ka nakatira - Where are you living?
Magkano? - How much?

So try to learn those basic phrase as when you visit to Philippines my countrymen will be delighted to hear you speaking it. But you don't worry most of the Pilipino how to speak English.

Brown - Kayumanggi is our color

Our color is brown. We call it Kayumanggi. There is a myth about it that goes like this. God made the people. He made it by baking them. First bake, He pulled out not on time, so it was not properly baked. That is how white people made. Then He tried once more, but this time He forgot the time and it was burned. Thus, the black people came. And so God got upse and said to Himself this time HE is going to be careful. So He baked the third set and watched it. So the brown people came out and that is us Pilipinos.

• Intro Updated Mar 25, 2011

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!