"Grand Manan Island, New Brunswick, Canada" Grand Manan by cymbaline77
Grand Manan Travel Guide: 60 reviews and 57 photos
Grand Manan Island, an old-fashioned fishing village in the Bay of Fundy off the coast of Maine, is reached only by ferry or plane. The pace of life is slow, and nature is abundant: whales (including the endangered North Atlantic right whale), seabirds, and seals abound, and the geography is beautiful and varied. The western shoreline consists of rugged cliffs, while long, sandy beaches line the eastern side. There are plenty of places to hike, bike, or walk, and kayak rentals and guided tours are available.
Grand Manan provides unique inspiration for artists, the people are very friendly, and the air is fresh and clean. We spent four nights in Grand Manan, the first three of which we camped (in the most private campsite I've ever seen) on a cliffside. We spent the fourth night at the Compass Rose Inn, a charming bed and breakfast with fantastic service, delicious food, and a classy, peaceful ambiance.
If you're looking for action and night life, Grand Manan is not the place for you. Grand Manan is a place for relaxing.
We arrived at the Compass Rose after three nights of camping. We were ready to sleep in a bed! The Compass Rose exceeded... more travel advice
cymbaline77's Related Pages
Grand Manan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Grand Manan Island - Idyllic Ocean Getaway !"
- "Grand Manan, New Brunswick"
- "Grand Manan Island, New Brunswick, Canada"
- "An Island Afloat on the Bay of Fundy!"
- "Grand Manan"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Grand Manan
- Hotels in Grand Manan
- Transportation in Grand Manan
- Nightlife in Grand Manan
- Restaurants in Grand Manan
- Warnings and Dangers in Grand Manan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Grand Manan
- 3 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Grand Manan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Grand Manan
Top 5 Pages
- Grand Manan Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Antigua and Barbuda Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Somerville Intro, 4 reviews, 1 photo
- Puerto Rico Intro, 3 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Franconia Notch State Park 1 review
No friends yet.