"I love Somerville!" Somerville by cymbaline77
Somerville Travel Guide: 69 reviews and 71 photos
I've lived in Teele Square for four years now, and I like it more every day. It's just down the street from (the more widely known) Davis Square, and you can see Boston's Prudential Tower from Holland Street (heading towards Davis). Teele Square is full of densely-populated neighborhoods, made up of primarily young professionals, college students (Tufts is just around the corner), and families young and old. Several of the families on my street have lived here for 20+ years.
At the neighborhood pub, PJ Ryan's, you might run into a townie who will tell you that 20 or 30 years ago Teele Square was not at all what it is today. From what I've heard there were a couple of somewhat rundown bars where fights broke out regularly, there were no restaurants or cafes, and the population was quite different. Not to mention the Square's proximity to Whitey Bulger's old stomping grounds: Winter Hill.
A historic landmark of Davis Square, Mike's is a great place to hang out, have a big slice of pizza or a sub, look... more travel advice
The Minuteman Bike Trail runs from Cambridge to Bedford, MA, about 11 miles total. It's a flat, paved road that travels... more travel advice
cymbaline77's Related Pages
Somerville Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Diverse Student Community"
- "Somerville, urban "surburb" of Boston"
- "Cabana Boy's Somerville Page"
- "The Town I Currently Call Home"
- "diver-x's Somerville Page"
- "I love Somerville!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Somerville
- Hotels in Somerville
- Transportation in Somerville
- Nightlife in Somerville
- Restaurants in Somerville
- Shopping in Somerville
- Warnings and Dangers in Somerville
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Somerville
- 4 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Somerville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Somerville
Photos in SomervilleSee All Photos (1)
Top 5 Pages
- Grand Manan Intro, 3 reviews, 7 photos
- Antigua and Barbuda Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Somerville Intro, 4 reviews, 1 photo
- Puerto Rico Intro, 3 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Franconia Notch State Park 1 review
No friends yet.